Concrete Candy - my first full length instrumental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concrete Candy - my first full length instrumental

I didn't really plan this as I don't have any formal training, it kind of just came to me. I composed three sections and my partner (Beer$) produced and arranged them in Cubase. I feel rather proud of this project as I have improved quite a bit since I started taking an interest in composing music.

Some of my influences are:

• Grimes
    • The Pretty Reckless
    • Bullet For My Valentine (The Poison era)
    • Enigma
    • NIN
    • Enya
    • Fragmenta <3

Last edited by cyberkitten; 07-08-2019, 05:57 AM.
    - cyberkitten

My music

Re: Concrete Candy - my first full length instrumental

You don't have to give me too much credit babe, my part was so easy because I had such good material to work with. I'm really proud of you for putting your stuff out there. I've always said it deserves an audience. Well done! <3
    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Cool, will check it out tonight.
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Very nice.
        The production was great.
        Very NIN-ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
          Very nice.
          The production was great.
          Very NIN-ish.
          NIN was the exact vibe I was going for. Thankyou, I really appreciate the feedback. Beer$ did the production for me as I don't have a great deal of production experience myself and he's better at that stuff. He deserves the praise for that
          Last edited by cyberkitten; 07-08-2019, 02:36 PM.
          - cyberkitten

My music

Comment

Yeah, I'm hearing some NIN kinda vibe. Sounds great! I'd like to hear it with some Reznor-y vocals.
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

She plays those synths in real time without any quantization. Someone please back me up on how big of a deal it is to have such precise timing right out of the gate, because even most of the pros I've worked with aren't that precise. She's a freak of nature and deserves to feel proud of that. I remember the first time she showed me one of her projects and my jaw hit the floor when I realized she hadn't used any quantization and didn't even know what it was!
              The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Working...
              X