banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audio Interface - Plug Output Back to Input?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Interface - Plug Output Back to Input?

So the idea is I want to capture some Youtube video in Quicktime (nothing nefarious, it's actually videos of my dad uploaded on accounts I do not have access to.) I can capture video but not system audio with my MacBook (unless I download & use some plug-in I can't get to work.) But I have a Presonus Audiobox USB that I can set to output the sound out of a powered PA (usually.)

Is it un-wise for me plug the Output from the Audiobox into one of the mic/instrument inputs to record - provided I lower Main volume? Or will I blow the thing up?
    Originally posted by King Buzzo
    I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Re: Audio Interface - Plug Output Back to Input?

You can’t feed the output of the interface back into one of its inputs without creating feedback. That’s literally the definition of the word.

You can feed the audio out via USB to your interface and send that output to the analogue input of your Mac Book.

MAKE ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that you set the audio out as the interface and audio in as the analogue in within System Preferences BEFORE you play any audio or you will create a feedback loop.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Realplayer will download videos on PCs, not sure if there if there is a Mac version.

Comment

Thanks - One problem is mine is a MacBook Air, so no analog input. I’m looking for screen recording software, but on my particular MacBook I also can’t set audio output to ‘system,’ only mic or interface. Apparently that’s why I need the plug-in (which I can’t get to work, possibly because I can’t find a ‘real’ download now that it’s off the App Store.)
        I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

I've used websites such as this and this to convert to video.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

+1 on the free youtube to .mp3 type websites
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

+2 to a youtube to .mp3 conversion site. The simplest way to get it work.

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
              You can’t feed the output of the interface back into one of its inputs without creating feedback.
              With 'mute input monitoring' available, you can. I don't know the actual Presonus unit, though.
              Wackor
              Ørdøg
              NecroPolo
              Diabolus in Musica
              SIDrip Alliance
              Book of Shadows
              RKH

Comment

Thanks - will have to give the sites a try. For now I got *decent* results micing a PA and recording video/audio through QuickTime, want to see if I can improve on that though.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                  You can’t feed the output of the interface back into one of its inputs without creating feedback. That’s literally the definition of the word.
                  maybe you were keeping it simple, but yes you can, that's what bussing, mute groups, PFLS, directs, and Auxes are all about -you don't have to monitor or distribute the audio that you input.

Just create a separate path for the input that doesn't feed the output mix bus or monitoring.
                  “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
                  X