banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird recording glitch going into Audaicty...sounds like Twilight's Synth intro's :p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird recording glitch going into Audaicty...sounds like Twilight's Synth intro's :p

I was just messing around with my Randall T2 and thought I 'd try a recording with it hooked up to my Mooer Radar IR loader (Celestion Greenback 2x12 loaded)

..so I wired it up to the signal from the amp's "speaker out" output (using a DI box) & into my loop pedal with a backing track & recorded the output in mono into Audacity through my interface.

Things started out well, but then at the end weird **** suddenly happened & all of a sudden the whole thing starts sounding like a massive cyborg attack..

**** knows what got messed up but it was fun

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Re: Weird recording glitch going into Audaicty...sounds like Twilight's Synth intro's

Sounds like you kicked on a ring modulator. :P
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Re: Weird recording glitch going into Audaicty...sounds like Twilight's Synth intro's

Sounds like I need a ring modulator

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

A ring moderator might not be a good profession.

Cool FX
        Wackor
        Ørdøg
        NecroPolo
        Diabolus in Musica
        SIDrip Alliance
        Book of Shadows
        RKH

Comment

LOL, new genre -- glitch metal!
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Dumb question. Did you use a real post amplifier speaker out into your DI, or a Low Voltage speaker out tap or speaker emulator out into the DI. Second does DI have a dummy load to handle high voltage or is it regular guitar/line level input?
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Ok, I listened to the clip -that sounds like a quantization problem to me, where you running low on available RAM CPU memory?
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Maybe? I had Reaper open at the time as well..don't know if that means anything.

...honesty that first post of yours went completely over my head

EDIT...Ok got it..

Here's what I did. Amp (solid state, so it does'nt really require a dummy load though I had it hooked up to one anyway) DI was my Behringer Ultra-G which has a speaker-through input (with the load-box connected to the link) & balanced XLR output. That went into my Mooer Radar IR loader which plugged into my loop pedal & out from there into my audio interface/Audacity.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
                  Maybe? I had Reaper open at the time as well..don't know if that means anything.

...honesty that first post of yours went completely over my head

EDIT...Ok got it..

Here's what I did. Amp (solid state, so it does'nt really require a dummy load though I had it hooked up to one anyway) DI was my Behringer Ultra-G which has a speaker-through input (with the load-box connected to the link) & balanced XLR output. That went into my Mooer Radar IR loader which plugged into my loop pedal & out from there into my audio interface/Audacity.
                  Record that track again, and watch in real time the CPU and GPU utilization. -you may have the playback monitoring sample rate too high and unnecessarily stealing cycles from the record quantization.

Comment

It has'nt happened since...but thanks, yeah I'll keep a look out & check on that stuff next time I record. Reaper on the other hand is working fine. I just exported a track from my looper into it and did some re-EQ'ing /added some delay etc...no problems at all

Youtube

Comment

Woke this morning & recorded this into Audacity. No frills... just plugged into my AMT Stonehead & let it roll (direct to interface with the amp's cab simulated output). Jammed for for a few minutes ..lots of squealies...no glitches. Must've been a one off thing before. All's well that end's well

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 08-11-2019, 02:46 AM.

Youtube

Comment

Is the sample rate and bit depth consistent across the board (I assume so if it started out sounding okay) Maybe your drivers/converters aren't happy or the RAM CPU decided to redline at that moment.
                        The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Don't know or care..the good news is it seems to be working fine now. I just thought it sounded cool (the glitch) so I shared

I use Reaper for any serious recording I do these days (band stuff etc) and that's rock solid...never had a problem with it.

Youtube

Comment

If you want that sound again on purpose, a ringmod, a bit-rate reducer or both will do the trick!
                            The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Working...
                            X