Color OCD- Duncan Cool Rails and Custom 5 trembucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Color OCD- Duncan Cool Rails and Custom 5 trembucker

Oh, didn't know that, since I'm not into DiMarzio. Some googling showed me lots of DM covers, in different colors, and they seemed absolutely identical to me.

Now that Jeremy told the age of his pickups, the aging thing seems more relevant to my choice, so I'll stand by my newest idea, just in case!
    Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Finally got the pickups installed, both bought new in the box, and the cream bobbins match perfectly.

Also, they are a huge improvement over the Pegasus Trembucker / Hot Rails neck set that came stock. These aren't matched for my playing style, others may enjoy them fully.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	5818108

Name:	Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
Views:	5
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	5818109

Name:	Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	5818110
      Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

cool, glad you got it sorted out!

Comment

Thanks, jeremy! It seems you were right, the age difference between your pickups apparently justifies the slight offset colour.

Comment

That is sweet. Cool Rails and C5 has got to be a "cool" marriage.

On a side note, I don't think a CR and Jazz are in the same tonal ballpark. The CR has "spank", while the Jazz has "smooth." Just my 2-cents worth.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
              That is sweet. Cool Rails and C5 has got to be a "cool" marriage.
              Unless you're looking at a different pic than I am, that is not a Cool Rails with having two sets of screws and no actual rails. Looks like a JB Jr. or Lil' '59.

Looks great, though!

Comment

lil 59

Comment

Spot on, Toejam. Was keen on going C5/CR on this one, but chose the CR for a Jackson DK2 instead. That one has a poplar body, and tne CR sounds awesome on it, going with a VR in the middle and a Full Shred trembucker in the bridge.

Since I wanted something in the vein of a SuperStrat with a "harder PAF" (well, sort of) on this one, so I went C5/CR on this one. They compliment the mahogany body, neck through maple neck on this one quite nicely. The Lil59 is way thicker than the CR, but that was the tone I was going for, with the DK2 aimed at brighter tones.

The cream matching color scheme would have been the same, though.
                  Last edited by Synapsys; 01-30-2020, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toejam View Post
                    Unless you're looking at a different pic than I am, that is not a Cool Rails with having two sets of screws and no actual rails. Looks like a JB Jr. or Lil' '59.

Looks great, though!
                    Oops. You are correct. I was basing that comment on what the OP said in the title. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                      ill post a crappy cell pic later but the color is very slightly different when you put them right next to each other

edit: heres the pic[ATTACH=CONFIG]100448[/ATTACH]

they are very close, if they werent right next to each other you might not be able to tell
                      The two coils on both of my double creme Custom Shop Pearly Gates pickups are very slightly mismatched. You have to really look to see it. It won’t show up in a photo. I think it’s actually cool. More like a vintage guitar that actually had some of the plastics fade differently.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                        ill post a crappy cell pic later but the color is very slightly different when you put them right next to each other

edit: heres the pic[ATTACH=CONFIG]100448[/ATTACH]

they are very close, if they werent right next to each other you might not be able to tell
                        Jeremy: Occam’s Razor? If that’s 10 years old I don’t think we had cream colored rails pickups available at that time. Could yours be a (previously white) cover that MJ dyed for you?

Comment

the pg is 10+ years, the rails is from 2019. pg is probably 15+ now that i think about it

Comment

Ah I had it back’erds.

Comment

i have it back'erds plenty so i totally understand!

Comment

Working...
                              X