banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moar neoclassical wanking w/ a bit of an eastern/'Gates Of Babylon' vibe..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moar neoclassical wanking w/ a bit of an eastern/'Gates Of Babylon' vibe..

More neoclassical type wankage...with a bit of an eastern "Gates Of Babylon" touch. Pretty sure this is the absolute limit for me when it comes to shred ..having said that it turned out pretty melodic too. Threw in a whole bunch of phrygian dominant kinda stuff (think that's what it is lol) ..'cause the tune called for it. This one's old school..no tapping, just good old-fashioned picking

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Re: Moar neoclassical wanking w/ a bit of an eastern/'Gates Of Babylon' vibe..

I'm rocking out to this.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

New artsy fartsy version (same audio) 'cuz I like dorky animated video's

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 08-21-2019, 08:45 AM.

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Gave this another go for kicks... 'cuz why not? ..another solo ..new video...

Same axe, different amp (AMT Stonehead) ..recorded direct using the cab simulated line-out

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 08-26-2019, 06:03 AM.

Youtube

Comment

Man that's nice but I can't hear much of euro-type neo-classical. Instead this is full of oriental scales. Not bad!

Comment

Thanks..glad you like it

yeah. You're 100% right but while I did mention neoclassical (but also 'Gates Of Babylon') I'm not really trying to be Yngwie here. I always do my own thing

The verse is more eastern & the chorus is more western maybe as far as the melody goes. But I'm not one to pigeonhole stuff. I just play what comes to me.

Thanks for checking it out

Youtube

Comment

Sounds cool!
              Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
              My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Thank you

Youtube

Comment

Okay, this is more of a quick/rough pedal demo (NPD!) & the only track I have on my looper at the moment happens to be this same one so here goes yet again

This was with my Mosky "Plexi M" mini Plexi -style pedal that just arrived today. No idea if it sounds anything like a real Plexi lol..'cause I've never tried or even seen one, but it's a cool harmonically-rich sounding pedal which is pretty bright...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Plexi_M_small.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	335.2 KB
ID:	5816911

I played my cheap Ibanez SA-260FM (MIC) axe that I bought a year or two ago. It's got a Lace Alumitone Deathbucker in the bridge & two "Mariposa" (n & m) single coils from Rose pickups.

Slowed things down & played it bluesier but it's a bit screwy here and there 'cause frankly I'm a bit fed up with playing this track now

Switched to the two single-coils for a bit towards the end.. I thought the singles sounded especially nice with this pedal.

Had it in the loop of my Laboga The Beast Classic 30's clean channel along with a bare minimum of reverb/delay from my Sonicake Rockstage pedal (also in the loop)

Recorded direct from the amp's loop "send/pre-out" into my Mooer Radar IR loader pedal (Celestion Creamback IR/6V6 Power amp sim selected)
                  Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 08-31-2019, 09:38 AM. Reason: New take with better tone..

Youtube

Comment

I loved it so much

Comment

Sweet!

Youtube

Comment

What are you using for a recording rig?

Comment

What I always use..my loop pedal lol.

..unfortunately it just died a couple days ago after I fed it 15V instead of 9V from my (adjustable) wall wort. So I'm going to have to get another (too broke right now) or make alternate arrangements for recording ...meanwhile I'm taking a hiatus

The first & last one's (takes/vids) I think I used my Mooer radar IR pedal & the middle one was direct-out from my AMT Stonehead using the onboard cab-sim which sounds similar to the AMT Chameleon Cab pedal I have..(ie..great for recording.)

Youtube

Comment

As things turn out I realised that I can still use my trusty old Nux Loop Core Looper ..just need to import stereo tracks via usb (thought it only worked for mono). I loaded a bunch of them into it yesterday.

It's 16bit vs. the (now dead ) "Ammoon" looper's 24 bits but it should still be ok

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                            X