• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of PODs...

Does anyone still use theirs regularly?

Re: Speaking of PODs...

Pretty-much every week in the Church band lol

I'm going to miss the ultra convenience of it when I upgrade to a real amp and pedals though.

Comment

Back in the day, I had a POD XT which I absolutely loved. I had the Metal pack, and I loved the Big Bottom, Diamond Plate, and Criminal sims.

Recently, I got a POD HD. I ended up selling it. I remember liking the XT more, lol. The HD was cool but it only had like one useably high gain model (I didn't get the metal pack for the HD, though), and the cab sims weren't much of an improvement from the XT's.

Comment

I jam with my pod hd500x every day on the computer through headphones. And I run it in the 4 cable method with my tube amps at the practice space. I love mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I still use my old POD XT Live every once in awhile, and it still delivers.
          "Live by the Groove, Die by the Groove."

Comment

Uh... Yup. I sometimes plug my Pocket POD straight into the power amp of my Tweaker.
            Why? Because the Rectifier model sounds way better for that tone than anything the amp can offer by itself. The preamp's just too sweet and spongy.

Turn the cab sim off, adjust the EQ and it sounds heavy as ****.
            The low gain tones are terrible though. It's high gain or nothing with this thing.
            Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
            Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
            Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
            Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Love my PODxt Live.
              “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I still play my POD500HD but my Katana has basically stolen its job. Like a pod with a built in speaker. Heh I did really love my POD for the cover band I was in because I could essentially make a patch for each song , with 3-4 presets PER SONG which is really powerful for a cover band going from Stevie Ray to van halen. Combined with my HSH auto split Ibanez I could get any tone I ever wanted.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

I still have the 2.3 and PodXT with all packs. I don't use them as much as I should. Just too many tones and not enough time.

Comment

I still have the HD500. I keep it as a backup for my Helix.
                    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                    https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
                    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

My POD 2.0 is my late-night practice rig. It still gets regular use on quickie desktop recordings.

Comment

I had a 2.0, then an XT. Sold both, moved on, but then recently was thinking of them. I think the 2.0 had the best sound so I bought one used and have been loving it again. Interesting how most of you have gotten good heavy sounds out of it. That’s one thing I have not been able to do (using an SG classic). However, I absolutely love the Roland JC Chorus emulation (with a jazzmaster). I think it sounds amazing. Not sure if it sounds like the real deal but I love it nonetheless. I use the Pod direct for recording. Also, the blackface emulation sounds cool. Gritty.

Comment

Working...
                        X