FT/FS: Gibson 490r/498t for covered humbucker set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FT/FS: Gibson 490r/498t for covered humbucker set

Hey guys, I've got a set of the stock Gibson 490r/498t pickups that came in a Gibson Tribute. I'd like to trade/sell them to get a set of chrome covered pickups. Purely aesthetic.

Willing to add cash for the right trade deal though, just can't afford to outright buy a new set of pickups right now

$120 shipped

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CapoFirstFret; 09-09-2019, 01:38 PM.
    Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
    It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Re: FT/FS: Gibson 490r/498t for covered humbucker set

why not put chrome covers on your pickups if you like them? Are those 4 conductor? I have a 498/490 set with chrome covers I was thinking of removing covers off.

Comment

Originally posted by htwheelz67 View Post
      why not put chrome covers on your pickups if you like them? Are those 4 conductor? I have a 498/490 set with chrome covers I was thinking of removing covers off.
      I don't know if they're 4 conductor but I can look. I didn't want to go through the process of wax potting them after putting chrome covers on them (done it before, just don't want to do it again). I'll check today when I get home for the conductors.

It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
      Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

there is no need to re pot the pickups when installing covers, you just want them tight and rattle free, this is how I have done it for years and its worked perfect...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XUPuoUVru8

Comment

there is no need to re pot the pickups when installing covers, you just want them tight and rattle free, this is how I have done it for years and its worked perfect...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XUPuoUVru8
          I tried that with a JB/Jazz combo and I couldn't get rid of the microphonics until I wax potted them. Now they sound great. I just figured I'd skip the hassle if I could

I'm still at the office but will check the pickups when I get home

Comment

They are four conductor with a clip. I'm not a fan of this circuit board style wiring so will likely end up replacing it. With the clip removed though it looks like a standard 4 conductor

Comment

Working...
            X