Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: The "official" unofficial pick and string trading thread

  1. #1
    Ultimate Tone Slacker AniML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Florida (NY transplant)
    Age
    56
    Posts
    2,496

    Default The "official" unofficial pick and string trading thread

    Do you have a box or maybe a drawer of picks or strings that you optimistically bought a few too many to try and they just weren't your thing.. and doesn't trying out new strings and picks start to add up a bit?

    In this thread we can list our "Haves" and "Wants" and then PM one another to make trade offers. And if a trade is arranged, the parties would typically pay their own postage and no funds would change hands, but in the end that would be up to the parties to work out.

    The Trading Post has always been a place of honesty and fairness and if this catches on, we should have the same level of integrity here.

    I've reached out to our mod before posting this and have his endorsement, and he has offered to sticky it .. thanks again, Mincer!

    So I'll start..

    Picks I HAVE to trade:
    picks may have been tried but are in as new condition, no packaging


    3 V-pick orig (branded promo pick from BG Pups)
    V-pick switchblade
    V-pick stiletto
    Pack of 3 Dunlop primetone 1.5mm smooth
    Pack of 3 Primetone .73mm smooth
    Pack of 3 Primetone .73mm grip

    6 clayton acetyl .63mm
    10 Fender medium pearloid

    Strings I have to trade:
    All are new and unopened

    2 D'Add EXP16 acoustic light Phosphor bronze (.12-.53)
    1 D'add EXL125 (.9-.46) older packaging
    3 pack bundle EB Regular Slinky (.10-.46)
    3 individual packs super slinky (.9-.42)

    LOOKING FOR


    Strings

    EB primo slinky or Daddario .95 gauge high e

    That's all I've got for today..
    Last edited by AniML; 11-07-2019 at 07:14 AM.

  2. #2
    Aceman is MR SPEED JB_From_Hell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    Age
    40
    Posts
    19,066

    Default Re: The "official" unofficial pick and string trading thread

    I have a bunch of red Jazz IIIs I'll never use. Also just bought a pack of Petrucci Jazz picks, can probably spare 1.

    I have a ton (maybe literally) of picks, let me go through and see what I can find that interests you.

  3. #3
    Aceman is MR SPEED JB_From_Hell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    Age
    40
    Posts
    19,066

    Default Re: The "official" unofficial pick and string trading thread

    Is there anything here you don't want?

    Also, not exactly what you asked for with strings, but I have a set of 9-46 Elixir electric strings if you're interested.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1910.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	100852

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    0

    Default Re: The "official" unofficial pick and string trading thread

    Let me join the party. As you can see im pretty fond of the jazz shapes. Loving the petrucci flow. Would love to try the andy james too. Also anything 1.38 and above that is not too big would be nice. Anyway here is what i found right now. Might have more than one of each so shoot away if interested in anything or got something that i might like based on what i just said.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190909_220445.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	100855

  5. #5
    Ultimate Tone Slacker AniML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Florida (NY transplant)
    Age
    56
    Posts
    2,496

    Default Re: The "official" unofficial pick and string trading thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
    Is there anything here you don't want?

    Also, not exactly what you asked for with strings, but I have a set of 9-46 Elixir electric strings if you're interested.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1910.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	100852
    Yeah I would really like to try a couple different Jazz and I think I see a couple XLs in there too. Let me know if anything in my list I can swap you for. Thanks!

  6. #6
    Mojo's Minions texred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Marathon Astrobleme
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: The "official" unofficial pick and string trading thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AniML View Post
    Do you have a box or maybe a drawer of picks or strings that you optimistically bought a few too many to try and they just weren't your thing.. and doesn't trying out new strings and picks start to add up a bit?

    In this thread we can list our "Haves" and "Wants" and then PM one another to make trade offers. And if a trade is arranged, the parties would typically pay their own postage and no funds would change hands, but in the end that would be up to the parties to work out.



    The Trading Post has always been a place of honesty and fairness and if this catches on, we should have the same level of integrity here.

    I've reached out to our mod before posting this and have his endorsement, and he has offered to sticky it .. thanks again, Mincer!

    So I'll start..

    Picks I HAVE to trade:
    picks may have been tried but are in as new condition, no packaging


    3 V-pick orig (branded promo pick from BG Pups)
    V-pick switchblade
    V-pick stiletto
    Pack of 3 Dunlop primetone 1.5mm smooth
    Pack of 3 Primetone .73mm smooth
    Pack of 3 Primetone .73mm grip

    6 clayton acetyl .63mm
    10 Fender medium pearloid

    Strings I have to trade:
    All are new and unopened

    2 D'Add EXP16 acoustic light Phosphor bronze (.12-.53)
    1 D'add EXL125 (.9-.46) older packaging
    3 pack bundle EB Regular Slinky (.10-.46)
    3 individual packs super slinky (.9-.42)

    LOOKING FOR

    Picks
    Any Ultex .88 or higher in standard, sharp or jazz shape
    Dunlop jazz Red, black or petrucci
    John Pearce Fast Turtle thin
    Curious about anything ultex, tortex, celluloid or similar material in a teardrop shape

    Strings
    Martin lifespan acoustic PB light (.12-.54)
    Elixer nanoweb acoustic light
    EB hybrid slinky (.9-.46)

    That's all I've got for today..
    GREAT IDEA!!

    Dove has wings of buzzard
    And buzzard, of dove






  7. #7
    Ultimate Tone Slacker AniML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Florida (NY transplant)
    Age
    56
    Posts
    2,496

    Default Re: The "official" unofficial pick and string trading thread

    So here's the icebreaker for this thread... Jb from Hell has sent me a bunch of picks and I have some on their way to him. A few in there will likely get some regular use from me

    Come on guys this is a great way to recirculate / swap / share some of those old picks (and strings) and try something new for the cost of postage

  8. #8
    Mojo's Minions dystrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West St. Paul, MN
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,658

    Default Re: The "official" unofficial pick and string trading thread

    The DRs got wet at some point and many of them rusted, so I've got nothing for trade.
    Last edited by dystrust; 10-22-2019 at 11:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    0

    Default Re: The "official" unofficial pick and string trading thread

    I have a few sets of dunlop 10-46 for your DRs if interested.

  10. #10
    Mojo's Minions dystrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West St. Paul, MN
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,658

    Default Re: The "official" unofficial pick and string trading thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Juankyman View Post
    I have a few sets of dunlop 10-46 for your DRs if interested.
    I don't really care for Dunlops, so I'll pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

  11. #11
    Aceman is MR SPEED JB_From_Hell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    Age
    40
    Posts
    19,066

    Default Re: The "official" unofficial pick and string trading thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dystrust View Post
    I have a bunch (5 or 6 sets I think, maybe more) of DR Pure Blues 11-50 I can no longer play due to tendonitis issues. I'd be interested in DR Tite Fit 10-46 or D'Addario EXL-110 (10-46) and possibly a couple sets of D'Addario EXL-120 (9-42).
    I haven't tried Pure Blues in a really long time. Have NYXL 10-46 if you like those.

    Also have an Elixir 9-46 set.

  12. #12
    LoveMachineologist jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    albany, ny
    Age
    42
    Posts
    29,806

    Default Re: The "official" unofficial pick and string trading thread

    this is a reminder to see how many sets of 10-52 i have. i wont be using em so...

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    0

    Default Re: The "official" unofficial pick and string trading thread

    What brand?

  14. #14
    Aceman is MR SPEED JB_From_Hell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    Age
    40
    Posts
    19,066

    Default Re: The "official" unofficial pick and string trading thread

    Still have the 9-46 Elixir electric set if anyone wants them. Would trade for most any 10 or 11 set. Or picks.

  15. #15
    Aceman is MR SPEED JB_From_Hell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    Age
    40
    Posts
    19,066

    Default Re: The "official" unofficial pick and string trading thread

    Seriously, nobody else?

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    0

    Default Re: The "official" unofficial pick and string trading thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    this is a reminder to see how many sets of 10-52 i have. i wont be using em so...
    I might be interested if you are interested on dunlops 10-46. What brand?

  17. #17
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Blille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,092

    Default Re: The "official" unofficial pick and string trading thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
    Seriously, nobody else?
    I want to trade my billion unused picks but I just moved so who knows where they are I’ll pop back in when I find them

  18. #18
    Imperator of Indignation idsnowdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A shot betwixt wind and water
    Age
    47
    Posts
    16,671

    Default Re: The "official" unofficial pick and string trading thread

    I have four unwound 17 gauge Ernie Ball Slinky strings. I use 20 or 22 gauge wound strings.

  19. #19
    Aceman is MR SPEED JB_From_Hell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    Age
    40
    Posts
    19,066

    Default Re: The "official" unofficial pick and string trading thread

    Quote Originally Posted by idsnowdog View Post
    I have four unwound 17 gauge Ernie Ball Slinky strings. I use 20 or 22 gauge wound strings.
    I have a few SIT wound .020s. Pm me your address, I’ll send them to you.

  20. #20
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Blille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,092

    Default The "official" unofficial pick and string trading thread

    Found my picks.

    Three packs:

    1) Variety - some used, some new. Highlights: a few Jazz iii and Big Stubbies since those were the ones I used to use before. Also: Paul Gilbert pick - damaged as I had to fight a few people in the 90s to get it from the floor. Left is light, right is heavy.


    2) V picks - fancy pick set, played them a couple of times, wasn’t for me. Quarter for size - not a Brian May pick.


    3) Wood picks - went fancy again, two a bit used, rest like new


    What I like:
    1) picks - I now only use JD 207, sometimes V pick Medium R. Here:

    Essentially, thick big picks with rounded corners - I pick with the upper corners.

    2) strings - nickel wound 10 sets, could take also 11s. Could take flatwound 10-12 sets.

    I live in NorCal

    Let me know!
    Last edited by Blille; 11-02-2019 at 06:09 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •