PIC Finished My Custom Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIC Finished My Custom Strat

I'm really happy with the way this turned out. I live by the Atlantic Ocean (just weathered Hurrican Dorian last week) and I wanted a more nautical theme, so I went with the mermaid airbrush and oyster shell pick guard.
    This guitar plays like a dream with its super jumbo frets.
    I changed out the Fender Bridge for a Wilkensen vintage with the grub screw to hold the trem bar tight. I can adjust the height and it stays where I put it, both vertically and horizontally with absolutely no "play" or looseness in the trem bar.
    Not pictured is the SuperVee Maglok Trem Stabilizer I installed in the spring cavity. It allows you to do string bends without the other strings going out of tune and still be able to utilize the trem for dives and pulls. If you've never heard of this ingenious little device, Johnny Hiland does a review of it on YouTube. Just look up SuperVee Maglok Trem Stabilizer on YouTube.
    Fender deluxe locking tuners and two Fender roller string trees (not pictured here because I hadn't gotten them in the mail yet).
    The pups are not Duncan, they're Wilkensen matched set and they sound fantastic.
    The back spring cavity cover is also oyster shell and it has a custom engraved neck screw plate with a laser etched skull image and the words "Custom" and "Made in the USA" with a serial number of 00001.
    To top if off, I added three custom Mother of Pearl capped volume knobs.
    This is one of my favorite guitars to play.
    This was a lot of fun to do. I'm currently waiting for a Duncan pup to finish out my custom Flying V.
    Forgot to add: The body is Alder and I'm not sure what the neck wood is, but I think its Canadian Hard Rock Maple.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0404.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	5852749
    Last edited by Kid Rob; 09-10-2019, 02:19 AM.

Re: PIC Finished My Custom Strat

Very cool! I’m always a sucker for a pretty face when it comes to guitars. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by The Commodores?
    "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Strats are the best when it comes to mods. Looks great, enjoy!
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Oh, very cool and tasteful as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That thing looked wicked cool, but it's important to know that custom Strats are never finished. I thought my main Strat was perfect, now here I am switching to a different style bridge and nut.
          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

looks great! who did the art work?

Comment

Wow, a unique and cool idea! Congrats!
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

That's what's up!
                The things that you wanted
                I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                  looks great! who did the art work?
                  I did. Well, most of it. The mermaid is water slide decal, but I did the airbrush to customize her, the rock she's sitting on, the water splash around her, etc etc. The rest is all airbrushed by me.

Comment

Working...
                  X