The Guitars you wished you never sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Guitars you wished you never sold

In My case it was a partcaster : a copy of the 5150 it had a 78 model and an oiled neck. Despite its floyd rose special, it was stupid how good it sounded and how light it was. can't wait for yours !

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2804.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	5852773

Name:	IMG_2813.jpg
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	5852772

Name:	IMG_2824.jpg
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	5852774
    Last edited by Pat_rocks_and_rolls; 09-13-2019, 11:21 AM.

Re: The Guitars you wished you never sold

Had a bunch of nice stuff down through the decades, but I miss that '59 LP Junior I sold early in the 80's. Had a baseball bat for a neck, tiny frets, and a huge honking midrange.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

To me modding guitars is like making a mandala. You make it, you learn from it, you move on. In my whole collection, I only have a handful of guitars that aren't on a constant rotation.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
        In my whole collection, I only have a handful of guitars that aren't on a constant rotation.
        Same here. Don’t regret moving any of them, as that’s what got me what I have now.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Had a Gibson Howard Roberts III I sold to fix a ex's transmission. Now, the car, the guitar, and the girl are long gone (thankfully, in 2 of those cases).
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I wouldn't mind having about half of them back but I don't pine for any of them. I sold all of them for a reason. I did get one back and I will keep it forever but it isn't The One either. None of them are.

Comment

ES-333, 3TSB
              Custom Shop '56 reissue N.O.S. 2TSB Strat with the craziest birdseye neck I've ever seen.
              Originally posted by LesStrat
              Yogi Berra was correct.
              Originally posted by JOLLY
              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

This makes me sad just thinking about it.

Gibson LP ‘59 re-issue that was number 8 of 10 that Tom Murphy built (yes built) to launch the historic series at NAMM in I think ‘92. I’ve NEVER seen one with a flame top as 3D as this was.

Ibanez Artist AR300 in Cherry Sunburst and super flamey.

Gibson DC Pro in trans red, super flamey, Ebony board with P90’s.

G&L Legacy special in blue burst with an Ebony board.

Comment

My EBMM Steve Morse Y2D. Acquired in a (more than) fair trade. Sold it. Stupid.

Comment

1980-ish Ibanez Artist 300 black with bare STP tailpiece (no leaf). Traded for a battered Marshall failing all the time that I traded for a Laney AOR working forever. Although the Laney was fun I should have kept the Artist as soon after getting the Laney I also got JCM900 / JCM800 that became my amps-to-go.
                    Wackor
                    Ørdøg
                    NecroPolo
                    Diabolus in Musica
                    SIDrip Alliance
                    Book of Shadows
                    RKH

Comment

Only one....Yamaha Pac712; Sperzel Locking, Wilkinson100, DiMarzio PAF Pro, AMAZING neck.
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

The ones stand out for me are:

Early 1990's Gibson Les Paul Studio
                        Early 1990's Gibson SG Junior
                        2009 Gibson SG Classic
                        Hamer EchoTone
                        Mid-80's Candy Apple Red Kramer Baretta
                        Early-80's Kramer Focus 2000 (also CAR)

If I could have any one of them back it would be the SG Classic.

Comment

I didn't sell this one, it wasn't mine. I did a repair on a 1958 Gibson Les Paul Special that sounded fabulous when I had finished and the owner refused to sell it to me. (Can't blame him)

I owned a 70s era Gibson Les Paul Custom that was rumored to once had belonged to Paul Kossoff who had given the guitar to someone who had rescued him from drowning. The previous owner had used black electricians tape to make diagonal stripes and ruined the top finish.

I had also traded off a 60s era Gibson ES345 guitar and a blonde Fender Super Reverb amp. Stupid young me.
                          Last edited by Jeffblue; 09-16-2019, 08:35 PM.

Comment

An 80s B.C. Rich Bich I got used back in 1990/1991. That thing was beat up but it cleaned up nice and played killer. Wish I never got rid of it, it has some character being all beat up.

Comment

I have three guitars that I've sold and are my life's regrets so far: a BC Rick NJ Neck-Thru series Warlock and Ibanez RG527R LTD, of which I found out after the sale that only 50 were ever made, and an Ibanez S670FM.

All had FR bridges, and at the time I thought I didn't want to deal with the system again.

10 years later, 4 out of my 11 axes have Floyds. That'll show me...
                              Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Working...
                              X