Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Guitars you wished you never sold

Default Re: The Guitars you wished you never sold

Quote Originally Posted by B2D View Post
    Ah yes, I also sold my Aged Honey Burst ESP Eclipse to put a down payment on a car to get me to a job that was far away. The car turned out to be a lemon piece of crap and the job sucked. >_<

That really bites. What kinda car was it ? And that's a really nice guitar but you'll replace it eventually.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BeKindRewind View Post
    That really bites. What kinda car was it ? And that's a really nice guitar but you'll replace it eventually.

It was a '98 Honda Accord.

I recently tried the EC1000T with the Satin Honey Burst top but I didn't like it as much. I did try the EII Eclipse in Satin Black and Vintage Black and I liked those a lot more so I think it'll be one of those or a Aged Honey one again. They don't make the latter anymore - it's actually noticeably lighter than the EII's.

my '87 LP Custom and my Gibson Chet Country Gent

sometimes I am such a dummy

I had a really nice es335 that i traded for a benedetto bambino. The bambino was one of the most beautiful guitars i ever saw, but my picking arm refused to lock into it. So, i traded it for a k-line strat.

End result was that i like the k-line more than both of those, so i'm lucky. I do miss that 335 though. It really made my juices flow.

Forgot about the #1 worst one ever. My Mustaine KV1. It was a 1997 in mint condition I bought out of a drummer's closet. One of the best playing and sounding guitars I've ever touched.

Sold it around 2012 to pay some bills, when I got some money back I went to buy it back from the guy and he had already moved it. I sold it for stupidly cheap. Stupidly cheap.

They go for like $5000 now. Luckily I have a Japanese one now but it just ain't the same.

Another one is a Gibson Firebird VII I bought for like $3000. Didn't really like it. Traded it for a 50's reissue Stratocaster. Guy assured me they were equal in value. Didn't end up liking the Strat. Sold that for like $700. Yowch

Hamer Vector Serial number #0415 Pawned by some guy in Jacksonville, Fl. Summer 1982 out October '82 about 10 minutes before I walked in. Put it on layaway and got it and another sweetie in about 60 days. Traded it about 4 years later for an amp I "just had to have" that I never did get to sound as good as it should have. Last seen in a Jax music store late '93ish with a Floyd added!

I still seek this everytime I am up Jacksonville way but I fear it is long gone.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Aint no pro but I know what I like....
    Guitar to sound output:
    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Wish I never sold my Travis Bean serial #224

My god to many,, Old ESP M1 Custom , Old Custom Ibanez with a crazy Lizard skin paint job ,, it was beautiful. a few Mid 80's Charvels.. one actually stolen.. right out of my studio which only a couple other people had the keys too and there was no forced entry.. that didn't go over well to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Securb View Post
    Wish I never sold my Travis Bean serial #224
    That's really cool, what a headstock

1971 Goldtop Les Paul Deluxe - I'd love that one back!

I traded it for a 1979 Black Tele (rosewood board) plus some cash. The Tele was really nice, regret selling that one too.

23 years after I traded the Goldtop I coincidentally bought a Marshall through eBay from the same guy! There was a momentary glimmer of hope but sadly he'd moved the guitar on many years earlier.

And then there was the 1974 Walnut SG Standard.

Joe Bonamassa 1959 Skinnerburst Les Paul VOS.

That guitar just had it, man. Still makes me sick thinking about it. Still go back to the listing when I want to have a good cry. Not only about not having the guitar, but what I sold it for and what they sell for now. Boy, that is a kick in the nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by redwine006 View Post
    Joe Bonamassa 1959 Skinnerburst Les Paul VOS.

That guitar just had it, man. Still makes me sick thinking about it. Still go back to the listing when I want to have a good cry. Not only about not having the guitar, but what I sold it for and what they sell for now. Boy, that is a kick in the nuts.
    I have the SD custom shop Skinnerburst set in my Traditional. They are great pickups. Iíve seen what they sell for now, and thatís if you can find one for sale. Iím sorry you regret selling yours, but Iíll probably ever be fortunate enough to own one myself. At least you had that pleasure, and the memories. Do you have any pictures? Iíd love to see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk