How much is enough? (answer: 36)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How much is enough? (answer: 36)

Can you post more pics? I'm not sure what you mean by pinstriping. I'm also curious how you contour the neck heel.

Do you have a signature headstock shape or do you use a bunch of designs? IMO that's the trickiest part for LP-type guitars to get right - to look distinct but still balance with the classic look of the body.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezrocks View Post
      Can you post more pics? I'm not sure what you mean by pinstriping. I'm also curious how you contour the neck heel.

Do you have a signature headstock shape or do you use a bunch of designs? IMO that's the trickiest part for LP-type guitars to get right - to look distinct but still balance with the classic look of the body.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
      Hi, this is a pic I found on short notice with the pinstripes, albeit in reverse (because the neck shaft and fretboard are light; if they're both dark, it's of course the reverse)

I have three 3x3 headstock designs, let me see if I can find them.

You can see them on the green doublecut, the SG and the LP. I am in the process of streamlining towards two shapes: only the LP headstock and on the doublecut. The latter has a straight string pull after the nut so the strings don't bind and this headstock has to go on trem-equipped guitars. The other, not so much

Comment

I have to admit, there is some variation between the shapes. That's because I shape each and every one by hand and I don't use a CNC for that. I am still contemplating a better, more consistent way of doing it though. I have used a tablerouter in the past to get that done but after having seen the so manyieth neck get hurled through the room, I was fed up with it and called it quits.

the pic above shows each shape I make. So far I have sold the SG and I will replace the green guitar with a new version.

As a matter of fact, I want to rebuild each and every one of these because I'm not satisfied at all, but I guess that's the cost of learning on the job.

Comment

You're nuts man simple as that.

So much precision.

Comment

I love the headstock on the far right one!
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              I love the headstock on the far right one!
              thanks! It was a request, a few years ago, to combine Ibanez' headstock with Blackmachine. Voila...

Comment

Ignoring the headstocks
                The blue green and amber ones on the couch have my motor running

Gorgeous
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Dude! I love your flag art!

I need one.

Where did you get it?

Comment

Fourth one from the left (blueish burst) is amazing looking!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lortathunder View Post
                      Fourth one from the left (blueish burst) is amazing looking!!!
                      yeah it'd better be! that's my latest build. It should look better than the rest, haha

Comment

Originally posted by mojosman View Post
                        That’s an awesome collection! I always sort of want just one more. I recently sold one, and currently have two Les Pauls. Both of mine are sort of the same. One is just higher up the totem pole, and has some flame and binding. I will eventually get a P-90 one, and I think that’s where my Les Paul collection stops. If I I had the coin I would no doubt have some more, but I’m at the age where I’m trying to focus on the things I’m lucky enough to have, and worry less about the stuff I don’t have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Man I am diggin’ that wall flag as well as those guitars!
                        Where did you get that flag?

Comment

Working...
                        X