Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vapour trail headroom/clipping

Hi all,

Though I’d try something different and placed my vapour trail after my Friedman boost pedal (it has a little better than 1,000,000 Db on clean gain on tap). Going through that kind of heat it was some seriously nasty clipping on my slap back. Have I accidentally bumped a trim pot or something or am I just exceeding design limits so much I’m overloading it? If I get a voltage doubler at go to 18v is that a remedy to some level at least? Moved the Vapour Trail before the Friedman and things are good again. Any thoughts?

Re: Vapour trail headroom/clipping

Put the Vapor trail in the loop

Comment

running at 18v should give you more headroom, you can run a hot signal but there is a limit though. is there a reason you want the boost before the delay?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
        running at 18v should give you more headroom, you can run a hot signal but there is a limit though. is there a reason you want the boost before the delay?
        Thanks, I ran it post boost for the sake of trying something different... Thinking about it, there’s nothing to gain having delay after clean boost. The strange things guitar people do...

Comment

Yeah I tried different pedal configurations before heading into the studio a short while back and had the same clipping results as you did when putting too much boost into the Vapor Trail as opposed to putting it before the boost. You could go the 18v route but I suggest just keeping the delay before the boost for best results. As already mentioned you can also try putting the delay through the loop, too, if that's an option.

Comment

Working...
          X