Opinions on Saturday Night Specials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Saturday Night Specials

Hello, new member here. Looking for some honest opinions on how the SNS pickups sound in a Les Paul Classic. I am still playing the original pickups that came in it and looking to upgrade (1996 model). I mostly play classic and bluesy rock. TIA

Re: Opinions on Saturday Night Specials

Welcome to the forum!

I've used the SNS set in both Les Pauls and SGs, and if there is a more blues rock-centered pickup, I don't know what it is. It drives the amp a little harder and has a snarl to it, and I think that is exactly what is needed for that kind of music.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'm also wondering the same. Thinking about putting the SNS set in my Dean Caddy. Do you think these pups are also good for harder rock and metal with lots of gain/distortion? Seems like the neck is a little brighter and would keep things from being too woofy/muddy in the neck, which I like, with a little more low end beef in the bridge.

Comment

Have you watched the demos on the Seymour Duncan youtube channel? The Les Paul sounds great, but the SG demo sounds incredible

The Saturday Night Special humbucker set uses Alnico 4 magnets to deliver that authentic 70s sound. https://www.seymourduncan.com/single-product/saturday-ni...

Our buddy, Doug Rappoport, stopped by our Portland, Oregon workshop studio to demo our Saturday Night Special pickups. Buy the Saturday Night Special humbuc...

For some reason the youtube embedded videos aren't working for me, but the URLs are up there
        "An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. " - Bukowski

"A banker will take a guitar and play three notes on it. A rock star will take a guitar and throw it across the room. " - David Lee Roth

Comment

I use hte bridge pickup in my PRS and it's fantastic. Just the right amount of beef and crunches beautifully. Also backs off with the volume control well (important to me).

Pretty great all around pickup.
          Playing:
          Thorn, PRS and Kauer Guitars
          Marshall, Greer amps, Metroamp Home Builds
          Duncan Favorites: SM3, 59's, Sat Night Specials....
          Scumback Speakers, V Picks and various other sundries

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations! I bit the bullet and ordered a set this morning!

Comment

Originally posted by lortathunder View Post
              Thanks for the recommendations! I bit the bullet and ordered a set this morning!
              Let us know how this turns out!

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                Welcome to the forum!

I've used the SNS set in both Les Pauls and SGs, and if there is a more blues rock-centered pickup, I don't know what it is. It drives the amp a little harder and has a snarl to it, and I think that is exactly what is needed for that kind of music.
                Is there a trembucker version?
                Who took my guitar?

Comment

yes there is. i have two sets with tb bridges

Comment

Actually the trembucker version has to be special ordered. No biggy.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cdwillis View Post
                      Have you watched the demos on the Seymour Duncan youtube channel? The Les Paul sounds great, but the SG demo sounds incredible

The Saturday Night Special humbucker set uses Alnico 4 magnets to deliver that authentic 70s sound. https://www.seymourduncan.com/single-product/saturday-ni...

Our buddy, Doug Rappoport, stopped by our Portland, Oregon workshop studio to demo our Saturday Night Special pickups. Buy the Saturday Night Special humbuc...

For some reason the youtube embedded videos aren't working for me, but the URLs are up there
                      Yeah well, a far advanced player and world class studio production account for most of the differences undoubtedly.

The SG video absolutely drips with the good stuff, fo sho!

Comment

Yeah, a Trembucker isn't in the regular production list, but it might be a Shop Floor Custom.

Comment

didnt know what i had was so special

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                            didnt know what i had was so special
                            It depends on what night you bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                              Welcome to the forum!

Interesting... how would you compare them to a set of Pearly Gates? (Similarities/differences)

Comment

Working...
                              X