Wampler SLOstortion vs Dracarys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wampler SLOstortion vs Dracarys

So have my eye on Wampler SLOstortion and Dracarys. Anyone have experience with these two pedals? They are both local to me, just need to find time to go to the shop.

SLOstortion is based on the famed Soldano SLO and the Dracarys is based on Ola England's tone, which at the time was a Randall Satan, I believe.

Been GASing for the Dracarys for a while but then came across the SLOstortion. One review said the SLOstortion didnt sound good through the reveiwer's Marshall.

What say you fellas, any experience with either/or both as a comparison?
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Re: Wampler SLOstortion vs Dracarys

what are you looking to get out of the pedal? both are high gain distortion boxes but they are voiced fairly differently.

Comment

Looking really to add some high gain to my selection, just something to have fun with. The SLOstortion would be more versatile but I can easily do the "lower" gain with the Marshall and Tumnus. Probably looking for more of a modern sound from the pedal.
      1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
      Jackson Soloist 7 string
      ESP LTD M-400
      Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

I haven't tried the SLOstortion yet, but I have tested the Dracarys versus a Keeley Filaments and went with the Dracarys. Thing is amazing.
        "That's the cool thing about the guitar - there's always more to learn." -Jim Heath

Comment

Working...
        X