The El Diablo "neck" pup is born.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The El Diablo "neck" pup is born.

According to this, we get the mention of short or long legs, or a black base plate. I would think that is only if it comes with a different (normal) base plate. But you'd probably have to call and ask to be sure.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I just wrote SD. Chances are, we'll never hear back. But, if I win the lottery and they DO respond, you all will be the first to know!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
        I just wrote SD. Chances are, we'll never hear back. But, if I win the lottery and they DO respond, you all will be the first to know!!!
        You will get a faster response to just call.
        M-F 8:00-5:00 PST
        805-716-6747

Comment

It's 2020...my pet groomer has online chat and a scheduling app for your phone, but SD can't return an email?

BTW, the automated response I got said "all emails are answered in the order they are received". I'd like to emphasize the part that says "all emails are answered..."

I haven't had good luck calling in the past, but I guess it never hurts to try again. If anyone gets to them before I do, please post your results!

Comment

It's 2020...my pet groomer has online chat and a scheduling app for your phone, but SD can't return an email?

BTW, the automated response I got said "all emails are answered in the order they are received". I'd like to emphasize the part that says "all emails are answered..."

I haven't had good luck calling in the past, but I guess it never hurts to try again. If anyone gets to them before I do, please post your results!
            I am sorry that they haven't gotten back to you in the past. Generally, they are pretty good at that kind of thing.

Comment

Well, apparently they're doing much better, because I heard back!

As most probably expected, they won't do the baseplate swap as a Shop Floor Custom option. Gotta go to Artie's custom shop if you want that mod done reasonably

Comment

Well, apparently they're doing much better, because I heard back!

As most probably expected, they won't do the baseplate swap as a Shop Floor Custom option. Gotta go to Artie's custom shop if you want that mod done reasonably
                I kinda figured that this fell outside that kind of program.

Comment

I need to get one of my musician friends to help me make a decent clip, and/or vid, so folks can hear this thing.

Edit: Come to think of it . . . if I were to try and build these, my cost on the Ric pup is $110. Once you add in the extra parts needed, we'd be up into Custom Shop territory. It would be interesting to get a CS quote on building one. Then again, it's all moot if I don't get up some sound samples.
                  Last edited by ArtieToo; 02-21-2020, 09:04 AM.

Comment

On the plus side, the Ric pickups have very low resale value. I see them sell for $40-$80 regularly, even new sometimes.

Comment

True. I got this one for $20.

Comment

On the plus side, the Ric pickups have very low resale value. I see them sell for $40-$80 regularly, even new sometimes.
                        P.S. If you find 'em and buy 'em . . . I'll convert them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                          I am sorry that they haven't gotten back to you in the past. Generally, they are pretty good at that kind of thing.
                          Looking at the record of complains contained in this very forum since 2004, the evidence shows the exact opposite of being "pretty good".

Unless you only look at the record of rock stars and Social Media influencers, that is. I can imagine that that's practically spotless, am I right?

But hey, who keeps track anyway?

/Peter
                          Last edited by Discharged; 02-23-2020, 07:40 AM.
                          Peter Pedersen aka Discharged
                          Kolding, Denmark

Comment

Keep in mind that Derek and MJ can make anyone the Silverbird or Hawkbucker, which both pair nicely with the El Diablo. $160 for either from the CS.
                            They can also do a bottom plate swap on an SRB-1b like the OP for $20.00. The Custom Shop can make a Slug neck for anyone interested as well.

Comment

A Slug neck?
                              Wow.
                              I can't even imagine.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

I have installed a SLUG bridge, Eldiablo 22k (originally meant for bridge) in the neck, and it sounded great. I mean Eldiablo in the neck, not muddy at all, great tone. I preffered it over the Slug.

Comment

Working...
                                X