The El Diablo "neck" pup is born.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The El Diablo "neck" pup is born.

SH-SI1B is simply the El Diablo produced for the Washburn Scott Ian (hence "SI") signature guitars in the mid-to-late 2000s. There were a lot leftover from the various production runs that made it into the secondhand market as NOS.

The early "Iommi" models had a slightly different designation, but are, obviously, the same pickup.

Couldn't tell you about the slight offset of the mounting screws, though. I don't have one on hand at the moment to compare. Looking back at some of the pics of the various El Diablos I've had over the years, it's hard to tell if they are all that way or not.

Comment

Thanks masta' c. I remember now you telling me that when I bought it.
      My other Diablo is not offset. It's not a problem. Just an oddity. And funny that the Ric bass pup did the same thing.

Comment

What’s the yellow wire for?

Comment

That's heat-shrink tubing on the bare ground wire so that it doesn't touch up against anything once you jam all the wires into the cavity. Not a big problem on LP style guitars, but can be problematic on tighter spaces like Tele's and my Schecter.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
            Uhmm . . . . nope.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]101029[/ATTACH]

You sure about that, Chief?
            Seymour Duncan Custom Shop El Diablo The El Diablo. Where to begin? LOL! There is just enough information out there to work against the information that is NOT out there. Let's see if we can sort through enough of it all to get it sorted out. For starters, this evaluation will be about the currently available Custom Shop

Comment

At my age, I'm not sure about anything.

I do remember seeing that blog before. It's good, albeit, confusing, info. I have one bonafide CS El Diablo, and then the SH-SI1B version. Both are sweet. I'm in the process of installing them now. But I forgot that they're bigger bobbins than standard so I'm having to Dremel out the mounting rings a bit. I hope to have this done shortly.

Comment

I'm very curious how this will turn out. I have high hopes

I wish I remembered the specs to the old SH-9 Silverbird "neck" pickup. I'm guessing it was close to this Rick pickup, but used the A2 mags of the original.

I never got a chance to try the El Diablo "neck" pickup. They were only made for those Washburn guitars. It's nice that Darth posts specs, but I never get anything out of his reviews.

Comment

Dave Mustaine's out! Diablo's in. But my dang 3-way is funky, and wife went to bed. I'll have to wait 'til tomorrow to hear it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dave_Mustaine.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	5817113

Click image for larger version

Name:	Diablo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	5817114

Comment

Well, it looks menacing, in any case. Look forward to the report.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

My photography skills suck . . . but they look killer in there.

Comment

That looks very nice and much like my Schecter Blackjack. Not to derail but can you tell me any details about yours? I bought mine from a pawn shop and though I've tried to research it online but haven't been able to find much on it.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Well yes, it IS a Schecter Blackjack. I don't know too much myself, except that it's part of the Diamond Series, made in South Korea. Set neck and fairly heavy. So I'm not sure what wood it is. I do know that it's a sweet axe. Very well built. Not "cheap" at all. Full body and neck multi-layer binding. I love this thing.

Comment

It looks killer with those pickups in there! "Menacing" is exactly the right adjective.

Comment

Wow, that looks amazing! Can't wait to "hear" your thoughts on the pairing

BTW, the Silverbird neck pickup was around 9K, so now I'm really curious about the Rick pickup!

Comment

Wiring it up as we speak.

Comment

Working...
                                X