Bridge replacement for my PRS SE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridge replacement for my PRS SE?

So, I've got one of those non-intonatable wraparound bridges on my PRS SE. I think it lends to a bit of a brighter and nasally tone. Ideally, I'd like to try a brass bridge or something similar, without spending too much money (under $50). I know guitarfetish used to have some nice brass bridges, but I don't see them for sale on the site anymore. Any suggestions?

Re: Bridge replacement for my PRS SE?

I had a Wilkinson wraparound bridge from GFS that was good but I recently replaced it with this one from Stew-Mac.

A much nicer bridge. The guitar came alive. I can feel the body vibrate more than I could with the Wilky. It's a little over $50 but well worth it, IMO.

Comment

Nice, thanks for the suggestion. Is it pretty much a drop-in replacement? And what about the saddle radius? These are 12" and PRS fretboard radius is 10". Did you file down the notches to accommodate?

Comment

It was a drop in for me. Nice and snug on the posts too. Not sure what the post spacing is on your PRS but measure that to make sure it matches. The radius on my fingerboard is 12" so I didn't need to do anything with the saddle radius. It's a Precision Guitar Kits SG Junior. I didn't realize the PRS SE was 10" radius.

Comment

Bridge replacement for my PRS SE?

The only one I know of that’s a drop in replacement for a PRS is this:

You want something cheaper you can always dowel and redrill the holes for the new stud spacing. PRS and Gibson are different, by quite a bit.

These say they fit:
          Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for TonePros Avt2m Wraparound Bridge/tailpiece With Locking Studs for PRS SE Nickel at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

There’s a few others on eBay that say they fit for cheaper but I don’t know if they do or what the quality is.
          Last edited by allstarrme; 09-25-2019, 05:18 PM.

Comment

I don't think you're going to come by a brass bridge or at any modest price point of what GFS offers (when available). I think those old schaller 455 bridges might be all brass, but Maybe just the saddles. but they're hard to come by and i'm not sure if you're into the vintage blockish look. Schaller does have the 456 which is the version with a fine tuning tailpiece. but they run well over $100.

Those other options listed are probably your best bet. unless you hold out until GFS restocks on those brass bridges.

Comment

Working...
            X