NPD coupke days ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD coupke days ago

As some may recall past week or so I was asking about the Wampler Slostortion vs the Dracrys. Well finally made some time to head to my local shop and give those two pedals a try along with Wampler Sovereign.

This followed me home

Click image for larger version

Name:	0926191706.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	5852850

I actually didnt care that much for the Slostortion, now that could be this is a small store and I was trying to kwep the volume down, its band time around here, so tons of kids getting flutes and the like.

Sovereign was a second, but was a tad bit fizzy pkus the volume that I mentioned above.

My chain is now Iceman, Dracarys, Tumnus, 6 band eq with Carbon Copy and Phase 95 in the loop.

Kinda thinking now I may need a 2nd Tumnus, one for clean boost of either Dracarys or the Marshall and one to overdrive the Marshall.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Re: NPD coupke days ago

So Ive given this some time on the board and heres my thoughts. 1st, its loud, with the volume set where its at in the picture, volume at 2.5 on my amp, its about as loud as I want it while the wife and kids are at the house. Granted our daughter is usally doing homework the same time Im playing and we are across the hall from each other, so try not to disturb her. Tons of gain even with the gain turned up to only 50%. Turn the gain way down and it could very well do some good straight ahead rock. Put the toggle switch in the "Open" position and the pedal is even louder. Big, warm and relatively tight, with the toggle in the tight position, its not quite as warm but still sounds amazing.

It could border on buzz saw with the SD Distortion Im using but sometimes I dont mind that at all. Boost the pedal with the Tumnus set as a clean boost, its a raging monster that would cover any of the heaviest of metals with room to expand.

Overall, this is a screamer, Ive wanted something high gain in territories that my Marshall couldn't go and this is the one. I will say I still love the Tumnus over this one but when I wanna melt the neighbors faces, switch this on and let it rip.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Working...
    X