Pedal boards... again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pedal boards... again...

That certainly is a lot of crap to carry. It's also a terrible approach for somebody who like tweaking stuff on the fly. I tried the preset thing, didn't even work for me messing around at home. A pile of pedals is way easier. Which brings me to...

I finally bought a pedal board. I was at Walmart, and bought a white plastic cutting board and a pack of 3M Command strips. I wanted Dual Lock, but no brick & mortars carry it. I'm taking Aceman's advice to keep my volume & wah pedals separate, and am going to make the board semi-modular. Pics to follow...
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Anybody know a better deal than this for building custom patch cables?

I'm in no hurry, have no interest in solderless, and I plan on cannabalizing some unused cables, so 20 right angle plugs for $25 seems like the way to go.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I get dual lock at Home Depot. I've also used cutting boards. I am using some spare plywood for one, and a used Pedaltrain Jr for the other.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          I get dual lock at Home Depot.
          Figures. The one place I didn't check

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
            That certainly is a lot of crap to carry. It's also a terrible approach for somebody who like tweaking stuff on the fly. I tried the preset thing, didn't even work for me messing around at home. A pile of pedals is way easier. Which brings me to...

I finally bought a pedal board. I was at Walmart, and bought a white plastic cutting board and a pack of 3M Command strips. I wanted Dual Lock, but no brick & mortars carry it. I'm taking Aceman's advice to keep my volume & wah pedals separate, and am going to make the board semi-modular. Pics to follow...
            The wife helps carry.

As far as tweaking, generally do the tweaking at home and make presets; up to 128 presets if needed.

A tone for every and any occasion already programmed in and ready to roll, but there's no way I'd ever use nor need all 128 presets.

Need to tweak on the fly? - no different really from bending over your pedalboard and adjusting knobs... maybe a slight speed increase with just a knob versus "edit button -> tweak -> etc". But if you do your homework and make your presets right the first time when configuring, no need to tweak.
            Last edited by LLL; 10-18-2019, 12:32 PM.

Comment

No pedalboard for me these days. I few years back I had sold all my pedals since I wasn't in a band. When I ended up back on guitar from bass in my current band, I decided I needed an overdrive and at least a crybaby after a few rehearsals and a gig to give a little more tonal variety. They run off battery and setup is no different than if I had a board so, why bother. I still have the Cuisinart cutting board (with handle) that I used for years and another one made from a shelf piece from Home Depot. I've gone the Pedaltrain route from the Pro to the Nano and really like the simplicity of what I have going now. Heck, look at Joe Bonamassa. No pedalboard and like 3 pedals out front all run on battery. Simple.

Comment

Working...
              X