Retrovibe Jam Pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrovibe Jam Pedals

Its sounds great in the demos, anyone got a handon experience with this or the Mk1 version?

Jam Pedals RetroVibe MKII has undeniable flower power. The Greek builders at JamPedals built the stompbox in the style of the Shin-Ei Univibe, and it comes ...

Re: Retrovibe Jam Pedals

I had a Mk1 for a short time.

Pros: Best Vibe effect I've ever heard - warm, deep, organic, and spacious sounding. Looked cool too.

Cons: It introduced a LOT of noise and hiss into the signal and using it with anything other than light overdrive made the noise level unbearable. Noticeable volume drop when engaged. Expensive.

...and thus I sold it.

If they've fixed the noise issues with the MkII I'll check it out again.

Comment

Selling for more than a Dry Bell Vibe Machine!

That pedal better play your solos for you while sucking your dick . . . otherwise I don't see how it could possibly compete. Hell, you can pick up a new Fulltone Deja Vibe for half that price . . . and that's a great sounding vibe.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

The Deja Vibes really underwhelmed me. I'd like to try a Dry Bell or a Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe.

Comment

The Dry Bell Vibe is nice features wise but the sound didnt stand out to me that much. The Retrovibe though has my attention, they fixed the noise issue with the MkIi ver. I think I read somewhere or heard in the demos being mentioned.

I haven't bought a new pickup or pedal for more than a year, almost two I think, with christmas around the corner I might pick a treat for myself this year, let's see

Comment

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
            The Dry Bell Vibe is nice features wise but the sound didnt stand out to me that much. The Retrovibe though has my attention, they fixed the noise issue with the MkIi ver. I think I read somewhere or heard in the demos being mentioned.

I haven't bought a new pickup or pedal for more than a year, almost two I think, with christmas around the corner I might pick a treat for myself this year, let's see

There isn't really one Dry Bell sound. By tweaking the range and symmetry features to get it to sound very deep and throbby, bright and regular, or anywhere in between. There's a tremendous amount of adjustment range. If you're not thrilled with one, it's worth taking the time to play with these. Haven't played the Retrovibe, but I'd be shocked if you can't get very, very close to the same sound with a Dry Bell.
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
            X