Tuner pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuner pedals

Ive used my little cheap tuner for years and want to add one to my board, Musicians Friend has the Korg Pitchblack Advance Tuner on sale for $40, normally its $90? Has anyone used the Korg tuners before? Whats yours thoughts and opinions on it?
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Re: Tuner pedals

I have a Pitchblack Advance and like it a lot. It's very accurate (seems more accurate than the Boss TU-3 at least), is quick to tune up with, and the display is easy to see. Several different modes. I've used the strobe mode successfully while setting intonation, but just leave it in the standard mode most of the time. I've had no problems with it in the six months or so since it has gone on the board.

My only real complaint is that I don't like how the switch feels when you kick it on and off. It doesn't have a nice positive click as most other pedals I use . . . and feels kinda cheap.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I don’t have that one but I have two other Korg tuners. Big fan.

Comment

Wait, disregard my previous post. I have a Pitchblack Pro model pedal - not the advance. No experience with the advance. Sorry, I didn't realize they had so many tuner models. :P
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
          Wait, disregard my previous post. I have a Pitchblack Pro model pedal - not the advance. No experience with the advance. Sorry, I didn't realize they had so many tuner models. :P
          YOU'RE KILLING ME SMALLS

Nah its all good. I would guess its a pretty decent unit.
          Jackson Soloist 7 string
          ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Korg makes quality stuff -even at cheaper price points. They're like Boss -emphasis on value (price vs quality and functions)
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Dang it, had to run out a lil while ago, just came back and now the tuner is back up to $89. Should of jumped on it earlier.
              Jackson Soloist 7 string
              ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Like my Pitchblack standard. Works well also with a 5-string bass.

Comment

The big thing for me is that it has to be visible in darkness as well as direct sunlight (Florida gigs). I use a cheap Guyatone tuner that can still be read outside.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I have the current gen Planet Waves pedal tuner. The display is the size of an iPod touch and very bright. It responds very quickly, and seems to be accurate. Following the Apple comparison, the vast majority of the pedal is display, so it’s overall pretty small, but the display seems huge.
                    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I've used a Korg Pitchblack Poly since 2012. It works like a charm. Only issue I've had with it so far is a whining digital noise leaking through to my amp, but that seems to have more to do with wiring in the house in combination with the pedal and my PSU than the pedal alone.
                      --------------------------------------------------------
                      1973 Aria 551
                      1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
                      1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
                      1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
                      1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
                      1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
                      2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

I have this tuner, it's very sturdy and works amazingly well onstage except at some outdoor shows when it's really sunny and bright, then it can be a bit tough to read sometimes. The strobe mode is pretty accurate, I've used it for that many times. $40 would definitely have been a very fair price to get it for, sorry you missed out on it.

Comment

I just bought Pitchblack mini for my mini board. Great pedal, and button batteries are smart move. Doesn't require space of 9v, but allows to use without external power.

My main board has Korg DT-10. Bulletproof pedal.
                          "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                          Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Working...
                          X