Best Effects for Parallel Loop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Effects for Parallel Loop?

I understand not all pedals work with the parallel loop on my TSL; per the manual, it is meant for rack-mount effects and a quick google tells me I should use delay/modulation etc. that can run ‘100% wet’ - not sure I understand what that means, or how I could tell.

So are there any recommendations for pedals in general that would work well with the parallel loop? Delay primarily, but really just need examples to go by at this point.
    Originally posted by King Buzzo
    I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Re: Best Effects for Parallel Loop?

I thought that if you turn the parallel loop to 100% on it should behave as a regular effects loop. Is this not the case?
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Silence Kid View Post
      I understand not all pedals work with the parallel loop on my TSL; per the manual, it is meant for rack-mount effects and a quick google tells me I should use delay/modulation etc. that can run ‘100% wet’ - not sure I understand what that means, or how I could tell.

So are there any recommendations for pedals in general that would work well with the parallel loop? Delay primarily, but really just need examples to go by at this point.
      Generally, on the effects unit itself (say, delay for instance) at 100%...no dry signal mixed in. You mix in the direct sound at the amp end. So delays, choruses, pitch shifters, etc are great for a parallel loop.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

That starts to makes sense- So if I understand correctly then, an effect that already mixes in dry signal would be ‘double-dry’ or something; at least if the mix was less than 100% ? I read certain pedals (overdrive in particular but any others?) create oscillation/noise in a parallel loop. I experimented using a distortion and while it’s not something I’d normally do, it appeared to behave ‘normally.’
        Originally posted by King Buzzo
        I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

That starts to makes sense- So if I understand correctly then, an effect that already mixes in dry signal would be ‘double-dry’ or something; at least if the mix was less than 100% ? I read certain pedals (overdrive in particular but any others?) create oscillation/noise in a parallel loop. I experimented using a distortion and while it’s not something I’d normally do, it appeared to behave ‘normally.’
          Yes, the 'double dry' thing. My Mesa has a parallel loop, so it seems only certain time-based effects work well with it.

Comment

Some FX have a “Kill-dry” toggle - I first heard of his way back when I first was looking at the TC Flashback delay. You can read about it here:

On most pedals, I think turning Mix to 100% will get close, but I’m sure actual Kill-dry is likely more “complete”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
              Some FX have a “Kill-dry” toggle - I first heard of his way back when I first was looking at the TC Flashback delay. You can read about it here:

On most pedals, I think turning Mix to 100% will get close, but I’m sure actual Kill-dry is likely more “complete”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              The Vapor Trail does this, too...it is an insert jack that only sends out the echoes, not any direct signal.

Comment

Working...
              X