banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006 Taylor GS (Spruce/Rosewood) and Gibson 1964 ES-345 VOS (Frost Blue) for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Taylor GS (Spruce/Rosewood) and Gibson 1964 ES-345 VOS (Frost Blue) for sale

It's been years since I've been on this site (funny how law school and then a career at a firm suck the life/time out of you) but I'm glad to see this place is still humming along. I'm looking to get rid of two guitars that just aren't getting the attention they deserve with my crazy schedule, and I have some major life events coming up (wedding/down payment for a house) and the cash could be nice.

2006 Taylor GS:

Spruce top and rosewood sides and back, mahogany neck. This is an older, discontinued model that featured more traditional and subdued appointments. I liked these models when they came out as they were focused on creating a great guitar, with less focus on fancy inlays or purfling.

It is a great guitar for strumming - has a very balanced tone and projects very well.

It is in excellent condition, save for some slight discoloration of the finish near the neck (circled in one of the photos). The finish has not lifted or bubbled.

Price is $1,000.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Taylor 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	5852925

Name:	Taylor 2.jpg
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	5852926

Name:	Taylor 3.jpg
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	5852927

Name:	Taylor 4.jpg
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	5852928

Name:	Taylor 6.jpg
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	5852930

Name:	Taylor 7.jpg
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	5852931

2017 Gibson Memphis 1964 ES-345 VOS:

Essentially a brand new VOS ES-345. I have played the guitar only half a dozen times or so - not because it isn't great (see below) - and changed the strings to keep them fresh. It is in exactly the same condition as when I purchased it from Wildwood guitars two years ago, and has never even left my house. It has a slightly larger neck than the average '60s slim profile, which makes it very nice to play - it's not a baseball bat, but not as annoyingly thin as I find a fair number of guitars with Gibson's '60s slim profile. I love the guitar and the color, but I can't justify keeping it around with how little I play electric anymore these days (yay for living in an apartment...) and it is the most expensive guitar I own, so it is impossible to justify keeping.

Price is $3,700.

Name:	Gibson 1.jpg
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	5852924

Name:	Gibson 2.jpg
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	5852932

Name:	Gibson 3.jpg
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	5852933

I'm happy to send additional pictures if anyone wants.

--Wyatt
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 3'scompany; 12-05-2019, 06:06 PM.
    DayGlo

Re: 2006 Taylor GS (Spruce/Rosewood) and Gibson 1964 ES-345 VOS (Frost Blue) for sale

Bumped for price drop.
    DayGlo

Comment

Re: 2006 Taylor GS (Spruce/Rosewood) and Gibson 1964 ES-345 VOS (Frost Blue) for sale

Bumped again for further price drop.
      DayGlo

Comment

Working...
      X