Soul Food, part deux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Soul Food, part deux

Thats kinda crappy that the shop didnt disclose that there was a malfunction with the pedal before you bought it. They could of told you about the issue and you could of still had the option to buy it or not.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Originally posted by Hsb View Post
      Thats kinda crappy that the shop didnt disclose that there was a malfunction with the pedal before you bought it. They could of told you about the issue and you could of still had the option to buy it or not.
      It's a good shop. I buy from there often. Very possible that they tested it with a power adapter and it works fine. Unfortunately, I don't have a pedal power adapter...lol.

Comment

Gotcha, maybe quicker and easier to go buy a pedal adapter instead of trying to figure out what part is bad.
        Jackson Soloist 7 string
        ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Gotcha, maybe quicker and easier to go buy a pedal adapter instead of trying to figure out what part is bad.
          True. I sold all my pedal adapters a few years ago when I sold all my pedals. These days I use batteries and with just the Boss OD-3 and Crybaby, I see no need for an adapter. If need be I'll pick one up to check this one out. I've built pedals in the past and having fixed a few in similar situations so with my DMM I should be able to find the problem pretty quick.

Comment

Cool deal, good luck figuring out the issue.
            Jackson Soloist 7 string
            ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Cool deal, good luck figuring out the issue.
              Thanks. I did some Googling and it seems like the SF running on a battery out of the box has been an issue in the past. No info as to the solution but I'm going to reach out to EHX about it and see what they say.

Comment

Too bad about the battery issue esp from EHX. If I didnt have the Tumnus, I would be taking a hard look at the SF. I think the SF was on my short list of pedals when I tried the Tumnus.
                Jackson Soloist 7 string
                ESP LTD M-400

Comment

I use a one spot now, but my first one was on a battery and had no problems.
                  “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Too bad about the battery issue esp from EHX. If I didnt have the Tumnus, I would be taking a hard look at the SF. I think the SF was on my short list of pedals when I tried the Tumnus.
                    Tumnus? Hahaha. I almost want one now because of the name. How awesome.

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                    I use a one spot now, but my first one was on a battery and had no problems.
                    Good to know. Thank you.

Comment

You can get the standard Tumnus with Treble, Volume and Gain or Tumnus Deluxe which adds Bass and Mid controls.
                      Jackson Soloist 7 string
                      ESP LTD M-400

Comment

You can get the standard Tumnus with Treble, Volume and Gain or Tumnus Deluxe which adds Bass and Mid controls.
                        Very cool. After contacting EHX, I'm going to send the SF to them to look at. It's $25 to cover the cost of repair and shipping. They may just send me a new one if it can't be repaired to work on battery as it should.

Comment

Oh hell then do that, youd spend more than that in parts and time. It may end up being out of pocket for a while but seems EHX takes care of the customers
                          Jackson Soloist 7 string
                          ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Oh hell then do that, youd spend more than that in parts and time. It may end up being out of pocket for a while but seems EHX takes care of the customers
                            If it's a simple as a capacitor or diode, that's pretty cheap. I can deal with that as I probably have the value on hand but if it's something that's on the SMT board, I don't have the small tools to work with SMT components, or the magnifying glass....LOL. But yeah, I'll let them sort it. I'm perfectly happy with the OD-3. I got this as a "hey, let's check it out and see what all the hubbub is about" thing.

Comment

I ended up sending my Soul Food in to New Sensor for them to work on it. I got it back on Friday. It was worth it. Nice pedal. I like how dynamic it is and how it responds. Only messed with it on my practice rig at home. I'll take it to rehearsal this week and give it a go there.
                              Last edited by ErikH; 11-12-2019, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Nice, glad you're digging it.
                                “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
                                X