Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celestion Ten 30

Anyone else use this speaker?
    I've had it for a year it's the stock speaker in the Princeton 68 custom "reissue".
    Some days i think it sounds downright fine
    Other days i think it has no character, a flat sound to the mids for a supposedly British speaker, and breaks up very early. It is not very ballsy, has a small magnet and feels like it.

The g10 vintage celestion is supposedly a very big sounding 10" and I come close to pulling the trigger a lot but keep thinking... Will it be a big step up or not?
    I like British speakers with fenders.

I play mostly a telecaster, clean, sometimes drive pedals. Looking for punchy strong low end without sacrificing treble and clarity.
    Others also told me about Eminence red fang and ramrod

And that even ragin Cajun would do good though it's not British

Still others said Weber blue pup

Campilongo likes g10 vintage and celestion gold. I can't afford the gold but some sound clips make it sound like the ten inch speaker God would play. But the g10 vintage does not sound super far off.

I dunno. Anyone else like or dislike the Ten 30? What would you do?

Am i just being too picky

Re: Celestion Ten 30

My 12" Eminence reignmaker brings out a lot more top end detail, makes the ten 30 sound so so choked.
    Will be replacing the ten 30 at some point soon for sure.

Comment

Had a similar 10 in my Fender Prosonics not bad speakers at all. My favorite 10 right now however is the WGS ET 10 I have in my Boogie Subway Rocket. GLORIOUS tone in that amp with that speaker it drops jaws regularly when folk hear that HUGE SOUNDING little bitty 1/10 combo miced in the FOH.
      Also sounds fantastic unmiced like here.
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

This is the little Boogie Subway Rocket miced with the WGS ET 10 nothing no effects just amp tone here. Check this out for a ballsy HUGE TONE out of a tiny 1/10 combo!!
        Guitars
        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Another clip with the Rocket ET 10. Amp is sitting between me and the drummer so small on stage you can hardly see it yet sounds like this miced out front. Freaks folk out when they hear that tiny little amp and a LOT of that tone is the ET 10!!
          Guitars

Comment

nice yeah the prosonics came with Celestion Vintage 10 which is a nice speaker, it's what I'm thinking I want for the princeton.
            The celestion Ten 30 is a light cheap frame, 13oz magnet, 1.25" voice coil, retails $35... the g10 vintage is a 30 oz magnet with a 1.75" voice coil and I think it's built much better. The ten 30 looks and feels like a toy.

Was looking at red fang ceramic as well but it is purportedly louder which I don't need!

The et10 sounds good man. Seems like a nice amp too.

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
              nice yeah the prosonics came with Celestion Vintage 10 which is a nice speaker, it's what I'm thinking I want for the princeton.
              The celestion Ten 30 is a light cheap frame, 13oz magnet, 1.25" voice coil, retails $35... the g10 vintage is a 30 oz magnet with a 1.75" voice coil and I think it's built much better. The ten 30 looks and feels like a toy.

Was looking at red fang ceramic as well but it is purportedly louder which I don't need!

The et10 sounds good man. Seems like a nice amp too.
              The ET 10 I took a chance on as have a ET 90 in my Zinky Velvet and really like it. Was an absolute home run in this amp tone wise.
              Here is a link to this one.
              The ET10 is the 10” version of one of our most popular speakers: the ET65. The ET10 boasts a tone reminiscent of its 12” counterpart but with a bit more of a pronounced midrange. The low end from this 10 is surprisingly heady but remains tight in all situations. Top it off with a smooth but articulate top end, and you
              Last edited by Ascension; 10-15-2019, 01:40 PM.
              Guitars

Comment

Pulled trigger on a used celestion g10 vintage! $75 shipped. Good deal. It has a big voice coil and magnet and should sound pretty huge for a ten inch.
                Really looking forward to getting rid of the ten 30!

Comment

Got the g10 vintage installed!
                  It's like a new amp!
                  The low end is muscular, the high end is clear but rounded off in a very musical way. No lack of midrange. Nice attack and response. Haven't heard it break up yet.
                  The ten 30 really sounds like a toy in comparison. Fender should stop using that speaker they'll sell way more custom Princeton reverb and custom vibrolux.

It's night and day how much better the g10 sounds. It's almost like a 12 in speaker with how full and strong it sounds. It has just the right treble to sound good clean with single coils, but hide the right amount of fizz from drive pedals! Makes my ds-1 with jcm mod sounds like... A real pedal! Hard to describe, but I'm pleased.

Comment

the g10v is a way better speaker but the the 10-30 is way cheaper which is at least part of the reason why fender uses it. the 10-30 lets fender say "celestion speaker" even though its crap.

glad you are happy with the swap and not surprised.

Comment

I like mine well enough!!!

I think they sound huge & have excellent cut in a band setting!!! Of coarse I’m running 4 of them at the same time. I don’t think I’d like them very much in a 1X10 though???

They are actually the reason this freaking monster is my main gigging amplifier & I’m willing to move it around all over the place when I own much more portable amps. Great clean tones for a pedal platform amplifier & she gets pretty nasty when you crank the bright CH!!!

Something to consider is that they do take a very long time to break them in but once they have loosened up some that mid spike thing smooths out considerably....
                      Attached Files
                      I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

fair enough, ive never heard four of them which would obviously make a big difference. bassman circuit?

Comment

Yes sir....
                          I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

I assume that 410 sounds amazing but weighs a lot!
                            1x12 combos are what I'm used to so... I don't much mind a good 1x10 or even an ok one. Just me in my garage

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
                              I assume that 410 sounds amazing but weighs a lot!
                              1x12 combos are what I'm used to so... I don't much mind a good 1x10 or even an ok one. Just me in my garage
                              Yeah, it weighs in at around 60-70lbs!!!

It’s definitely not light but it’s in a flight case with casters & my drummer is a very large man!!! Like the love child of John Bonham and Liberace, LOL.....

Anyway, he’s also the youngest & least experienced guy in our group which means that he’s pretty usually pretty eager to please/feels like he got to prove himself. This also means that he’s usually pretty happy to move the big stuff for us old guys, LOL!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X