So, the Suhr Riot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, the Suhr Riot

is a freaking awesome pedal! Took mine out for a serious run today.

Ran a Dean Cadillac w/ DMT pickups into the Riot, and then Riot into the H&K Tubemeister18, with a VS H20 in the loop for a touch of Delay.

Just damn - the thing sounded freakin' flipping fantastic! Spent some quality time on the mode 1 setting, supposedly highly interactive with the guitar volume. And it was just that. I could;d go from whisper to scream with picking, volume or both. That said, the mister had nothing on the Riot in mode 2. Anything from basic roar to fire breathing dragon.

I need to a) Play this pedal more! b) Do my comparison vid with the Solo & US Dream. I play the Solo a lot into random rehearsal area amps, and I really like it. But dang this thing was crunchy, rich, creamer and all that!!!!
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

So, the Suhr Riot

Very cool.

I know it's got a lot of gain on tap but does it sound good on the low gain range? Is it still dynamic there?

Comment

Re: So, the Suhr Riot

The US dream is the Riot clone pedal, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
        I know it's got a lot of gain on tap but does it sound good on the low gain range? Is it still dynamic there?
        That's what the three setting switch does. Setting one is more crunchy, and much more dynamic. Setting two is more balls to the wall (still pretty clear/crisp). Setting three is similar but different.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
          The US dream is the Riot clone pedal, right?
          This is a matter of debate. I think so. Even if not - a very cool pedal.

Like I said, I have a Riot, a Mooer Solo, and a Joyo US Dream. Need to really go head-to-head.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
            This is a matter of debate. I think so. Even if not - a very cool pedal.

Like I said, I have a Riot, a Mooer Solo, and a Joyo US Dream. Need to really go head-to-head.
            Cool...:I’d be curious to hear what you think once you’ve had a chance to do so.

Comment

I've been very curious about giving this pedal a go (or building a clone). You're not helping haha
              TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                Cool...:I’d be curious to hear what you think once you’ve had a chance to do so.
                Me too! Ive heard amazing things about the Riot and didnt know there were any clones out there. Id like to try a Riot, but funds elude me these days, so Im very intrigued about the Joyo. Found a comparo vid by Gearmandude and they are pretty darn close. IMO, the Joyo is a tad brighter maybe, but for the cost diff, its real close.

link:
                http://www.suhrguitars.com http://www.joyochina.cn The original versus the clone. Side by side comparison. http://www.bulletcable.com wired with Bullet Ca...

Ace, didnt mean to hijack and Im glad you are digging your pedal!
                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

No jack man! Info be info.

Now do you see why I used the Joyo on a board in band that plays, oh, say, Cinderella Shake Me?!?!?!?!

I bet he could get those even closer if he tried. That said - no doubt the Suhr has more flexibility w/ Switch and 18v option (haven't done that yet)

I am an effing patient @$$ sniper. I KNeW the Suhr was an epic good pedal, especially for me, so I hit it for < $100 maybe???

Comment

So, the Suhr Riot

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                    I bet he could get those even closer if he tried. That said - no doubt the Suhr has more flexibility w/ Switch and 18v option (haven't done that yet)
                    I use my Eclipse with 18v. Big fan but if you’re going for crunch it may not be for you since it adds headroom.

Comment

I built the Aion Electronics version (Fusion) and like it, but it sounds a little better for me to just turn the gain up on my Marshall clone than to run it clean with a pedal.

Comment

Working...
                      X