I am buying an amp stand, my cab is not a table nor a chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am buying an amp stand, my cab is not a table nor a chair

We have all been there, cans and bottles on top of your amp, people walking by who can drop them, but yesterday the guitar player from the other band in this party gig decided to sit on my cab and use it both as a chair and table for his drink, WTF? We were playing in that moment so there Is no chance to argue with a drunk guy.

Next time I am buying an amp stand for my 1x12, no way they can sit or put anything on top, right? Bonus: In theory the amp will be heard better.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Who took my guitar?

Re: I am buying an amp stand, my cab is not a table nor a chair

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
    Bonus: In theory the amp will be heard better.
    It almost certainly will be. I downsized from 100W + 4x12 to 100W + 2x12, and now I'm using 20W + 1x12 on a stand. The total stage volume is far lower and I can hear myself as well or better than I could with the 4x12.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
      We have all been there, cans and bottles on top of your amp, people walking by who can drop them, but yesterday the guitar player from the other band in this party gig decided to sit on my cab and use it both as a chair and table for his drink, WTF? We were playing in that moment so there Is no chance to argue with a drunk guy.

Next time I am buying an amp stand for my 1x12, no way they can sit or put anything on top, right? Bonus: In theory the amp will be heard better.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
      I think this is worth turning around while playing and screaming 'Please kindly sir, remove yourself and your swill from my amplification device' or something else slightly harsher.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

My Princeton's "amp stand" was somewhat expensive but it has other uses and I like still using my amp as a shelf. Even if for just one or two things!
        But I've contemplated an amp stand many times! I don't gig, just me in my garage.
        Not much drinking goin on in vicinity of my amp.
        Attached Files

Comment

I love tilted amp stands on stage -it makes me less reliant on the monitor mix AND I'm not scorching the front rows ear drums with the speaker at stage floorboard level.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I use one of these Ultimate amp stands, usually in front of me (like a monitor) or on the side of the stage facing across. No guitar in the monitor for me, ever.

Click image for larger version

Name:	61p58ErlmqL._SY550_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	5817279

Comment

Get one of these... gets more attention and you can't put ANYTHING on top of it.

Comment

I use a sound enhancer. https://www.amazon.com/Sound-Enhance...ustomerReviews though i bought it from their website in 2013, its great if you have an open back cab and really makes the amps ive use it with sound larger than they are
                sigpic
                Warmoth Split Jazzmaster (Zhangbucker Crushbucker UOA5 splat, Cherrick tapped)
                Dunlop Crybaby
                MXR Custom Comp
                GFS Twin Overdrive
                Boss BD-2 Bluesdriver
                Blackstar HT-DISTX
                Seymour Duncan 84-40 (Weber Grey Wolf Light Dope)

Comment

I wish I could use something tilted, but I love the sound of my Mesa head. My workaround was to disconnect the bottom two speakers in a slant 4x12 cab. Baffles some of the "less gifted" sound men and I have to repeatedly explain why they can't mic the bottom speakers like they do for everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    I think this is worth turning around while playing and screaming 'Please kindly sir, remove yourself and your swill from my amplification device' or something else slightly harsher.
                    Agreed. I’m of the mindset that if someone is ignorant enough to act on a certain behavior or say something ignorant, they better be ready and able to hear me get ignorant right back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      I use one of these Ultimate amp stands, usually in front of me (like a monitor) or on the side of the stage facing across. No guitar in the monitor for me, ever.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]101418[/ATTACH]
                      i have that same stand, although i put it behind me rather than in front but i like it. super easy and folds small so its easy to travel with. i dont use the mic stand capability all that often but i do have a long goose neck that works perfectly on it

Comment

Originally posted by TMD
                        I use an On-Stage RS7000 with my Hot Rod Deluxe.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]101504[/ATTACH]
                        longcat and I have these as well.
                        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                          i have that same stand, although i put it behind me rather than in front but i like it. super easy and folds small so its easy to travel with. i dont use the mic stand capability all that often but i do have a long goose neck that works perfectly on it
                          I don't use the mic stand part...well, ever..my amp has an XLR direct out. But this stand folds up so small that I can store it in the back of the amp!

Comment

Originally posted by TMD
                            I use an On-Stage RS7000 with my Hot Rod Deluxe.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]101504[/ATTACH]
                            Good to know, I use the Hot Rod Deluxe extension cab.
                            Who took my guitar?

Comment

Working...
                            X