NPD Boss SY-300 Guitar Synthesiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD Boss SY-300 Guitar Synthesiser

I’ve got to be honest and say this is a mixed bag.
    First of all it’s so Power hungry, it requires 500ma at 9v so I needed to purchase a new power supply to power this beast but was intending to do so anyways.
    Secondly the sounds, it tracks fantastically and the tones are ethereal and magical in the night context, very little latency and it’s tracking is very responsive and accurate.
    However now there’s the main issue, the ease of use (or lack thereof.) , it’s not intuitive in terms of dialling in tones and crafting your own sounds so I’m still using variations on the factory presets.
    But overall it’s a cool unit but with a steep learning curve and high price tag for what you get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guitars:
    Daemoness Atlantean (unknown Bareknuckles) D
    PRS SE Mark Holcomb (Alpha/Omega set) Drop C
    ESP LTD EC-1000 FR (EMG Het Set) D
    Jackson USA WR1 Absinthe Frost (EMG 81/85) D
    Ibanez MMM1 (Blackouts) Drop A
    Ibanez RGIT20FE-SBF (Loomis Blackout Neck/Mick Thomson Blackout Bridge) Drop C
    Ibanez SZ320 (ibanez/duncan pickups) Drop D
    Schecter Synyster Gates Custom (Invaders set) D
    Aristides 060 (Bareknuckle Aristides Customs) D

Re: NPD Boss SY-300 Guitar Synthesiser

No PCM sounds on these, right? More like an actual polyphonic synth, so if you want to craft your own sounds that have no real-world counterparts, this is your best choice. If you want a Hammond or a trumpet, probably not. We are still a little ways away from triggering polyphonic samples from a mono guitar signal.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Re: NPD Boss SY-300 Guitar Synthesiser

A mate of mine has one, and he had to spend a lot of time getting the sounds right and getting it to play nicely within his setup. I must admit I like the look of the SY100 due to it's simplicity of operation.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Working...
      X