NPD Black Arts Toneworks Coven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD Black Arts Toneworks Coven

Now this is a killer pedal, it’s the thickest, angriest and most evil sounding Fuzz pedal I’ve ever played while still being massively versatile
    Goes all the way from The Kinks to Black Sabbath to Sleep / High on Fire.
    It’s just so thick without being dull or inarticulate and when stacked with a sub octave pedal it turns into a massive wall of sound.
    Yeah it’s pricey, yeah it’s big but it’s so damn good I can’t be mad at it for it.
    If you want anything for that Doomy/ Sludgy sound then just buy this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guitars:
    Daemoness Atlantean (unknown Bareknuckles) D
    PRS SE Mark Holcomb (Alpha/Omega set) Drop C
    ESP LTD EC-1000 FR (EMG Het Set) D
    Jackson USA WR1 Absinthe Frost (EMG 81/85) D
    Ibanez MMM1 (Blackouts) Drop A
    Ibanez RGIT20FE-SBF (Loomis Blackout Neck/Mick Thomson Blackout Bridge) Drop C
    Ibanez SZ320 (ibanez/duncan pickups) Drop D
    Schecter Synyster Gates Custom (Invaders set) D
    Aristides 060 (Bareknuckle Aristides Customs) D

Re: NPD Black Arts Toneworks Coven

My favorite pedal. I have two.
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Intriguing. The one dark evil fuzzy pedal to have if you are only having one?
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

It's not always dark and evil.

The right switch and top row of controls are their Black Forest circuit which is really more like a super-tweakable Colorsound Overdriver. I usually have this set for a thick midrangey overdrive that makes palm mutes slug you in the chest.

The bottom row / left switch is the Pharaoh which is a modified Russian Muff circuit. I own like 7 variants of the Muff and this is by far the most useful and versatile. It's actually capable of a great low-gain rock distortion into a clean amp, but I like it alone for stoner riffs and combined with the Black Forest for leads.

Not going to be a Tubescreamer clone or a Marshall-in-a-Box but it's not trying to be. If you use 'doomy' amps (60s / 70s tube amps cranked to natural overdrive) this pedal gives you tons of added sounds in one box.

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
          It's not always dark and evil.

The right switch and top row of controls are their Black Forest circuit which is really more like a super-tweakable Colorsound Overdriver. I usually have this set for a thick midrangey overdrive that makes palm mutes slug you in the chest.

The bottom row / left switch is the Pharaoh which is a modified Russian Muff circuit. I own like 7 variants of the Muff and this is by far the most useful and versatile. It's actually capable of a great low-gain rock distortion into a clean amp, but I like it alone for stoner riffs and combined with the Black Forest for leads.

Not going to be a Tubescreamer clone or a Marshall-in-a-Box but it's not trying to be. If you use 'doomy' amps (60s / 70s tube amps cranked to natural overdrive) this pedal gives you tons of added sounds in one box.
          Mind sharing some of the settings you’re using?
          I’m using a Mesa Mark series clean channel blended with a Roland JC-120 on my AXE FX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Guitars:
          Daemoness Atlantean (unknown Bareknuckles) D
          PRS SE Mark Holcomb (Alpha/Omega set) Drop C
          ESP LTD EC-1000 FR (EMG Het Set) D
          Jackson USA WR1 Absinthe Frost (EMG 81/85) D
          Ibanez MMM1 (Blackouts) Drop A
          Ibanez RGIT20FE-SBF (Loomis Blackout Neck/Mick Thomson Blackout Bridge) Drop C
          Ibanez SZ320 (ibanez/duncan pickups) Drop D
          Schecter Synyster Gates Custom (Invaders set) D
          Aristides 060 (Bareknuckle Aristides Customs) D

Comment

I can almost guarantee that the settings I use for my Matamps and model T aren't going to work for your rig. It pays to spend time tweaking each knob a lot because his EQ circuit is powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
              Yes, this, especially the Black Forest.
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
              X