NAD: Matchless Clubman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD: Matchless Clubman

10 years ago I was living in Tyler, TX working for a young adult ministry, making music, and traveling the country leading worship. One day I stepped into a guitar center in dallas and found an amp that I really connected with. A few talks back and forth, I traded my Orange rockerverb 50 for a Matchless Clubman.

I toured with this amp, recorded albums with this amp, moved across the country a few times with this amp.

7 years ago, I was engaged to be married (to the woman I’m currently married to [emoji23]) and feeling a sense of change was due. I traded my matchless clubman for an amp that i has not heard of, but was impressed with. I was subject to the notion that a smaller quieter amp was the best direction, and had gotten tired of amp maintenance, etc.....

I have regretted that decision for 7 years, and multiple times have reached out to the guy i traded with and others about trying to find it and get it back. I’ve contacted matchless about getting a scratch and dent one, scoured the interwebz, etc... to no avail.

On October 1st, I was mindlessly scrolling through geartalk and saw it. Still in the same black Brady case (made for a boogie Mark V, which is why it never really fit [emoji23]) as when I originally put the amp in.

I quickly commented and reached out to all appropriate parties about it. The owner Ben was looking to downsize and go Helix, so through a little Geartalk Classifieds magic (and some extreme kindness on behalf of Ben and another friend),
    we cut a deal.

7 years ago, I made a decision that I would ultimately end up regretting for years, and now...

she is home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: NAD: Matchless Clubman

Nice!

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad you got your amp back.

Comment

That's a heart-warming story - glad you got it back!

We all have those gear sales we regret - nice when it turns out like this

Comment

Great story, it's amazing that you were able to locate it. I guess it was meant to be.

Comment

Awesome!
            I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Cool story man congrats.
              Guitars
              Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
              Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Working...
              X