Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tech21 Sansamp Classic

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
    I can never find a Fly with exactly what I want. Thus, Mooer board.
    I'm surprised. With the loop on the v2 model, you can add what you want there plus toss a phaser and crybaby out front. Great setup there.

Comment

The knobs are great, and the tuner is accurate. I am using mine with the XLR out to the board. I can always throw my regular pedalboard in front and have a small, amp-less solution with all of my effects, too.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I have recently bought an used Sansamp online and it's great even direct to the computer. It's possible to dial it as a preamp / transparent overdrive.
        What I realized though is that it's not compatible with Boss power supply.
        I'm going to open a thread about this if we can't discuss it right here, because it's been a nightmare to have different power supplies for a Cry Baby, a Sansamp (DC1, P2 positive polarity) and 7 other boss pedals.
        Edit: Dunlop Cry Baby requires a thinner shaft to fit in the jack plug so standard Boss won't fit and the other way around a Dunlop jack plug fits loose in a Boss pedal.
        Last edited by CondeZL; 10-24-2019, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CondeZL View Post
          I have recently bought an used Sansamp online and it's great even direct to the computer. It's possible to dial it as a preamp / transparent overdrive.
          What I realized though is that it's not compatible with Boss power supply.
          I'm going to open a thread about this if we can't discuss it right here, because it's been a nightmare to have different power supplies for a Cry Baby, a Sansamp (DC1, P2 positive polarity) and 7 other boss pedals.
          Edit: Dunlop Cry Baby requires a thinner shaft to fit in the jack plug so standard Boss won't fit and the other way around a Dunlop jack plug fits loose in a Boss pedal.
          According to specs for each the Crybaby uses a 2.1mm x 5.5mm plug, while the Sansamp uses a 3.5mm male plug. One of the Voodoo Lab power supplies should work for both, and they typically ship with the cables you need.
          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
            According to specs for each the Crybaby uses a 2.1mm x 5.5mm plug, while the Sansamp uses a 3.5mm male plug. One of the Voodoo Lab power supplies should work for both, and they typically ship with the cables you need.
            Thanks, I'll have a look.

Comment

Working...
            X