PedalShield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PedalShield

When I got my Novation Impulse 49 midi keyboard, I bought a cover from LightWing Studios, intended to keep it from getting dusty when not in use.

Recently I contacted them and asked if they could make something similar for my Pedaltrain Jr. pedalboard.

I have a puppy who was always stealing the dishtowel I was using to cover it (I always leave it set up).

I exchanged a few emails with the owner, sent measurements, and eventually spoke to him. They made a nice cover for me and then let me know that they were launching this as a new product line.

Well worth the cost, in my view.

http://www.lightwingstudios.com/PedalShield.html
    '69 Fender Mustang bass
    '69 Gibson EB-1
    '76 Rickenbacker 4001 w/SD for Rick N & B
    '76 Fender Precision w/Dimarzio Model P
    '84 MIJ Fender Jazz Bass Special w/SD Hot for P neck & Dimarzio Model J for bridge [BEAD tuning]
    '99 Fretless MIJ Fender Precision/'87 MIJ Fender Squier Jazz hybrid w/SD QP for Jazz
    '12 MIM Fender Jazz w/Dimarzio Model J
    '14 Fretless Warmoth Custom T w/ SDCS Stack for SCPB N & B

Re: PedalShield

I just cover mine with a dishtowel. Originally my dog thought it was a new dog bed and kept trying to lay down on it, but she seems to have figured it out.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
      I just cover mine with a dishtowel. Originally my dog thought it was a new dog bed and kept trying to lay down on it, but she seems to have figured it out.
      my 2yr old kid seems to think mine is a place to sit when shes not playing with the knobs and changing all the settings
      sigpic
      Warmoth Split Jazzmaster (Zhangbucker Crushbucker UOA5 splat, Cherrick tapped)
      Dunlop Crybaby
      MXR Custom Comp
      GFS Twin Overdrive
      Boss BD-2 Bluesdriver
      Blackstar HT-DISTX
      Seymour Duncan 84-40 (Weber Grey Wolf Light Dope)

Comment

I’d Ike to see someone invent a shield for gigging. Similar to a sneeze guard on the salad buffet.
        I can’t even count how many times someone has accidentally stepped on a pedal or splashed beer on my board.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
          I’d Ike to see someone invent a shield for gigging. Similar to a sneeze guard on the salad buffet.
          I can’t even count how many times someone has accidentally stepped on a pedal or splashed beer on my board.
          I know a guy that has his board covered in plastic. It's even sealed around the cables.

Comment

Originally posted by dg27 View Post
            When I got my Novation Impulse 49 midi keyboard, I bought a cover from LightWing Studios, intended to keep it from getting dusty when not in use.

Recently I contacted them and asked if they could make something similar for my Pedaltrain Jr. pedalboard.

I have a puppy who was always stealing the dishtowel I was using to cover it (I always leave it set up).

I exchanged a few emails with the owner, sent measurements, and eventually spoke to him. They made a nice cover for me and then let me know that they were launching this as a new product line.

Well worth the cost, in my view.

http://www.lightwingstudios.com/PedalShield.html
            The website didn't have a pic. Can you post one?
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Here's mine with and without. The material is sort of satin-like and I believe water resistant.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019_0918_pedalboard_P1110414.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	5817311
              Attached Files
              '69 Fender Mustang bass
              '69 Gibson EB-1
              '84 MIJ Fender Jazz Bass Special w/SD Hot for P neck & Dimarzio Model J for bridge [BEAD tuning]
              '99 Fretless MIJ Fender Precision/'87 MIJ Fender Squier Jazz hybrid w/SD QP for Jazz

Comment

It would be cool if it were translucent, so you could still use it if it was drizzling out.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Don't know if that material can be made translucent.
                  '69 Fender Mustang bass
                  '69 Gibson EB-1

Comment

Working...
                  X