Friedman BEOD owners...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friedman BEOD owners...

Recommend me some settings that seem to work best for you.?? Redlabel, since you have used the pedal and the actual amp, can you recommend settings that get it as close as possible?? Has anyone messed with the trim pots inside? I got mine today from Sweetwater. Got the graffic one they sell. First impressions were pretty good. Also got some wall hangers so I can get my music room bout completed..

Oh.. One more thing... Do you notice a volume jump tween the two channels? Im guessing Ill need to adjust the volume of the second channel higher and bring the first channel down to balance..
    Thanks all!
    Last edited by BloodRose; 10-15-2019, 04:41 PM.
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Friedman BEOD owners...

Just an average overdrive.

Nothing fancy.
    Should not be hard to dial in.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, I don't own one, but isn't he BEOD kind of an amp-in-a-box type pedal? So, it's made to run into a clean channel and give you "close to" BEOD amp tones, right. Not sure where the channels thing comes from, I would run it into your clean channel and generate drive from the pedal. If you run it into a dirty channel the settings will probably need to change drastically.

BTW, the Artisan edition is very cool!
      Last edited by devastone; 10-17-2019, 01:06 PM.

Comment

I have the JOYO UZI pedal which is supposed to be a clone of the BEOD.
        I'm not using it as a standalone drive, but instead as a boost for my ENGL due to the pedals flexible EQ, clear sound, and great midrange voicing.
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Originally posted by Van Noord View Post
          I have the JOYO UZI pedal which is supposed to be a clone of the BEOD.
          I'm not using it as a standalone drive, but instead as a boost for my ENGL due to the pedals flexible EQ, clear sound, and great midrange voicing.
          My point wasn't that it wouldn't make a good boost, but the settings are probably drastically different than what you would use if you were using it as a foundation drive. For the tones I'm guessing our dear BR is looking for, he probably wants to crank the gain and use it into the clean channel.

Comment

Lol! Cracks me up how quick joyo seems to pop out clones.
            Devastone, my friend you absolutely know me! Yes, I have some good OD pedals, ocd, green rhino. I got this so I could try to cop the Friedman tone without dropping the huge money for the amp. So yes, trying to use as a stand alone. Ironically,
            I do like the pedal, but I’m pretty stoked to say, I really like my tone thru just the splawn as well!!
            So, back on track, I’m looking to see the best settings to get the Friedman mojo when running just the pedal thru the clean chan as an amp sim. Also, again, very curious about running thru the loop or in front? I thought gain pedals should go in front, not thru the loop. Thanks again all
            Last edited by BloodRose; 10-28-2019, 11:00 AM.
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
              Devastone, my friend you absolutely know me! Yes, I have some good of pedal, ocd, green rhino. I got this so I could try to cop the Friedman tone without dropping the huge money for the amp. So yes, trying to use as a stand alone. Ironically,
              I do like the pedal, but I’m pretty stoked to say, I really like my tone thru just the splawn as well!!
              So, back on track, I’m looking to see the best settings to get the Friedman mojo when running just the pedal thru the clean chan as an amp sim. Also, again, very curious about running thru the loop or in front? I thought gain pedals should go in front, not thru the loop. Thanks again all
              If you are looking to improve the Splawn tone, you really should check out the Friedman Buxom Boost. I bought one used on Reverb (maybe eBay idk) for about $135. It’s AMAZING!!! It doesn’t color the basic tone of my Quickrod but just allows you to goose the amp perfectly. Plus it has the added bonus of tone controls which just add greater versatility.
              Trust me on this one.

Comment

When talking about using a drive pedal in the loop you are plugging the pedal into the amps effects return jack, bypassing the preamp.
                So the drive pedal now becomes the preamp and you are only using the amps power section.

There's also an internal gain adjustment pot inside the BE-OD with even more gain on tap.
                ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Devastone, my friend you absolutely know me! Yes, I have some good of pedal, ocd, green rhino. I got this so I could try to cop the Friedman tone without dropping the huge money for the amp. So yes, trying to use as a stand alone. Ironically,
                  Yes, to cop the Friedman tone, use the pedal into the clean channel, turn the gain and output up to the desired level, and play with tone controls. If you want to run it "in the effects loop" you don't use the amp's preamp, you plug the guitar straight into the pedal, then plug the output of the pedal into the loop's return. Preamp pedals like the AMTs, etc... work best that way. The BEOD I think is designed to be used in front of an amp, so it may not sound as good straight into the loop and may be a little lower output, the only way to know is to try it.

Just running gain pedals in the loop like a delay or something, just doesn't work or sound very good.

I'm also not surprised that you like the Splawn's sound as much or better than the pedal, they are both modified Marshalls.

Comment

Yeah, I know they are both modified Marshalls. Ive just heard how magical the Friedmans are. I had always lusted for a JCM 800. I finally was able to get one, but ended up selling it as the Splawn could do what it did and more, cuz of the three "gears".
                    So, yeah, love the splawn, but the Friedman BE amp is really amazing. So was hoping to get close with the pedal, without the huge investment. Ill keep fiddling with the settings. Was just hoping someone who has played to real deal and the pedal could tell me what settings put it closest.. Yo Red_label???

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Recommend me some settings that seem to work best for you.?? Redlabel, since you have used the pedal and the actual amp, can you recommend settings that get it as close as possible?? Has anyone messed with the trim pots inside? I got mine today from Sweetwater. Got the graffic one they sell. First impressions were pretty good. Also got some wall hangers so I can get my music room bout completed..

Oh.. One more thing... Do you notice a volume jump tween the two channels? Im guessing Ill need to adjust the volume of the second channel higher and bring the first channel down to balance..
                      Thanks all!
                      I have a BE-OD and it's the best drive pedal I've ever used. Do yourself a favor and watch some of Jay Parmar's videos on the great tones you can get.

Aaron

Comment

Aaron

Comment

thanks Riverdog! Ill check em when I have some time.. Have bathe the dogs and clean the pool today.. whoo hoo

I did just get done upsetting the neighbors with my BEOD.. hee hee

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                          X