How many guitars do you own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many guitars do you own?

The reason I ask, is I own 8, and I feel like I own too many to bond or give attention to one or a few. I feel a bit compelled to sell a few, even though I don't want to. I guess I like the variety. I'm curious about how many guitars you guys own and how you feel about the "stable".

I'm also like this with bikes, as mountain biking is my other passion. Currently I own 3 bikes. All for different purposes.
    3.33%
    2-3
    11.11%
    5-10
    36.67%
    10-20
    31.11%
    20 or more
    17.78%

Re: How many guitars do you own?

I have 4 wat gives. It's plenty. More would just be for fun with more pickups and not really for playing.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

I've got quite a few.

3 electrics, 1 acoustic, 1 bass guitar, 1 tenor guitar, and 1 mandolin.

Truth be told, I use two of my electrics and my acoustic 95% of the time, and could happily live without the rest.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Are we counting the ones in playable condition, or the ones awaiting repairs/mods to be complete?
        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Too many and not enough.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

too many but less than at other times... 25+ electrics, six acoustics, one banjo, one electric bass, a mandolin somewhere... havent seen that in a while

Comment

I've been down this path before. What I have I cannot part with. All of them have a special meaning, though they are just guitars.

Martin D-28 Acoustic - bought with my share of Uncle's estate after he passed.
              Kramer Baretta w/ Kine NYC graphic - has Twin Towers in the graphic, 'nuff said.
              Dean Chicago Standard Series ML - gift from my wife, plays and sounds fantastic.
              Old Warmoth/Chandler Frankenstrat (Franky) - my first really solid and well built electric. 26 years old this November.
              New Warmoth Frankenstrat - a recent built that mirrors the old one in wood specs and most of hardware. different electronics.
              PGK SG Junior - another build that I did in 2011. one of my favorite guitars ever.
              Les Paul Traditional Pro - not really mine yet, but will be. been "borrowing" it for quite a while now.
              Sterling SUB Ray4 Bass - beat out all the others on the wall between 3 different shops for what I was looking for.

I could probably add in my daughter's Ibanez Talman TMB-100 bass that she doesn't have time to play right now (Marching Band season) and her Silvertone Strat electric (not bad with upgraded tuners and nut for some stability).

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                Too many and not enough.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
                This.

I have 7. I sold two recently and plan to sell two others.

I am trying to have fewer, higher quality ones I actually play.

Comment

4 guitars and 1 bass, but I only play 2 guitars and the bass regularly. The other 2 just sit in cases and are for sale.

The reason I go for 2 guitars is to keep one with higher output pickups in D standard and another with PAFs in E standard. That covers everything for me.

I'll drop the bass to D standard and I'm uncivilized enough as a bass player to not care about the setup.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Comment

At the moment,...

2 acoustics with 1 more on the way
                    5 electrics with 3 for sale - keeping an LP and Tele, all I ever really needed

But I've probably cycled through at least 20 others

Comment

7 electric, 1 acoustic.

Comment

44 which includes 6 bass guitars and a cigar box guitar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have ten guitars and seven basses. I built three of the guitars, and five of the basses.

I used to have more, but I sold them.

Comment

Eleven electrics, one eletroacoustic, and one electric bass.

Body count has been updated yearly, though.
                            Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Eleven Electric Guitars and one 3/4 nylon string classical guitars.

Guitars:
                              Daemoness Atlantean (unknown Bareknuckles) D
                              PRS SE Mark Holcomb (Alpha/Omega set) Drop C
                              ESP LTD EC-1000 FR (EMG Het Set) D
                              Jackson USA WR1 Absinthe Frost (EMG 81/85) D
                              Ibanez MMM1 (Blackouts) Drop A
                              Ibanez RGIT20FE-SBF (Loomis Blackout Neck/Mick Thomson Blackout Bridge) Drop C
                              Ibanez SZ320 (ibanez/duncan pickups) Drop D
                              Schecter Synyster Gates Custom (Invaders set) D
                              Aristides 060 (Bareknuckle Aristides Customs) D

Comment

Working...
                              X