Seymour Duncan Pickup Blowout!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan Pickup Blowout!

As promised, here's a list of all the Seymour Duncan pickups I currently have available for sale.

All pickups have been stored safely in my home studio while in my possession and work great! No tampering or modifications, unless otherwise noted.

SPECIAL: Buy any 2 items and get $5 off. Buy any 3 items and get $10 off. Buy 4 or more items and take $20 off!

Free Shipping, USA Only, Paypal Preferred. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have!

-----

Newer Production:

1) SOLD!

2) LW-CS2 LiveWire Classic II for Strat Bridge - NEW (open box), White - $65

3) TB-16 59/Custom Hybrid - Used: Like New/Open Box, Black/White Zebra, 4-conductor - $85

4) TB-4 JB - Used: Excellent, White, 4-conductor - $60

Vintage (1970s-1980s):

5) SH-3 Stag Mag (circa 1983-85) - NOS (New Old Stock): Black, short mounting legs, large logo baseplate, ink-stamped "MGJ" label, 4-conductor, wound by MJ! In original box - $100

6) SOLD!

7) SOLD!

8) SH-4 JB "THE JB MODEL" (circa 1978-79) - Used: Good, Black/Cream "Zebra", long mounting legs, non-logo baseplate, ink-stamped "The JB Model" label, 4-conductor (6.5" leads) - ON HOLD

9) SH-5 Custom (circa 1983-85) - Used: Fair (has oxidation and play wear), Black, long mounting legs, large logo baseplate, ink-stamped "DCJ" label, 4-conductor, wound by MJ! In original box - $75

10) SOLD!

11) PA-TB3b Blues Saraceno Parallel Axis Trembucker (circa 1988) - NOS (New Old Stock): Black, factory chromed baseplate, ink-stamped "3BJ" label, 4-conductor, wound by MJ! In original box - $135
    Last edited by Masta' C; 11-10-2019, 05:58 PM.

Re: Seymour Duncan Pickup Blowout!

PM sent on the gold Jazz Bridge

Comment

Definitely intrested in that vintage sh-6

Comment

Any chance you'd be interested in trading that PA-TB3b Blues Saraceno?

I have pickups, pedals, and NOS tubes to trade. PM for contact info if interested

Comment

PM's replied

Weekend bump!

Comment

Is there something special about the old Stag Mag? Why's it priced higher than a new one?
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
              Is there something special about the old Stag Mag? Why's it priced higher than a new one?
              Why do early JB models sell for a premium if they're allegedly identical to the newer stuff?

Also, how often do you come across a 30+ year-old Duncan that has never seen a soldering iron? (Hint: Rarely)

People pay extra to get pickups that look and sound like older, original production models all the time. Well, this one is TRUE vintage!

If you don't like the price, feel free to buy a new one.
              Last edited by Masta' C; 11-05-2019, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Sorry, wasn't trying to rag on you. I was just curious if some change had been made in the product.
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Fair enough. I try to be very fair with the prices I offer to forum peeps (besides, we're only talking $20 over a new one, which is not a lot for what this is)

As far as I know, the basic formula is the same from these older ones to the newer ones. However, from what we know, it's likely that the magnet and wire suppliers have changed from then to now, plus this pickup is aged in the most authentic way possible...time.

Additionally, I do believe this one has the old-school butyrate bobbins, which the newer ones obviously don't. Plus, it was wound by "MJ", which often holds special charm for some.

Basically, this little time capsule of a Stag Mag is as true to the original design as you can get and wound during what many consider the "Golden Age" of Seymour Duncan pickups. To some, that's probably worth a mere $20 more than a newer production pickup.

Last edited by Masta' C; 11-05-2019, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X