• Show
Clear All

Re: Low wattage Marshall JCM800

^^
    I'll bet that it sounds sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
      I've cranked my 2525H on the 5W setting a couple times and it gets loud to the point of being somewhat uncomfortable without plugs. I'm playing through an Emi Wizard 16, so that's 103.5db sensitivity; with something a bit quieter it'd be more manageable. In the 20W mode it has plenty of volume for most of the gigs I've ever played.
      The cab is likely the difference; Eminences are always louder than Celestions. Well, that, and I wouldn't be surprised if my hearing plays a role here, heh (too many shows in small clubs where the bands ran cranked Marshall full-stacks without protection in my younger days...). I'm running my SC20 with a front loaded 4x12 with 16 ohm V30s, so only 100db.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
        Look at Blackstar
        Gtrjunior and i think alike...
        Blackstar on the low end.

And Splawn on the high end... Somehow Splawn got niched as metal, but the cleans are glistening and you can crunch as far as you need.

Splawn Street Rod 2013 https://reverb.com/item/25427881-spl...m_medium=share

(4 switch pedal is better than 3)

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
        What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Low wattage Marshall JCM800

Originally posted by zionstrat View Post
          Gtrjunior and i think alike...
          Blackstar on the low end.

And Splawn on the high end... Somehow Splawn got niched as metal, but the cleans are glistening and you can crunch as far as you need.

Splawn Street Rod 2013 https://reverb.com/item/25427881-spl...m_medium=share

(4 switch pedal is better than 3)

That street rod looks clean! If I had the $ I’d snatch that up fast!
          It’s true that Splawn gets labeled as a metal amp. Sure, it can do metal but it really is so much more. It’s hands down the best Marshall I’ve ever played.

As far as the blackstar....twice recently I’ve had the chance to play the HT Club 40 amp...it’s a winner al around. It sounds fantastic and wipes the floor with the DSL 40 in a NY second.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
            That street rod looks clean! If I had the $ I’d snatch that up fast!
            It’s true that Splawn gets labeled as a metal amp. Sure, it can do metal but it really is so much more. It’s hands down the best Marshall I’ve ever played.

As far as the blackstar....twice recently I’ve had the chance to play the HT Club 40 amp...it’s a winner al around. It sounds fantastic and wipes the floor with the DSL 40 in a NY second.
            +++1 on Splawn. may have to thin down the heard in a little while and wondering if this was made as a head so I could get it to coexist with other heads with a single cab?

My little blackstar HT dual is the secret to my lite rig.. light crunch on one channel for rhythm and the other one 11 for lead. I can put it in front of practically any amp and get more than usable tone.

What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Originally posted by zionstrat View Post
              +++1 on Splawn. may have to thin down the heard in a little while and wondering if this was made as a head so I could get it to coexist with other heads with a single cab?

My little blackstar HT dual is the secret to my lite rig.. light crunch on one channel for rhythm and the other one 11 for lead. I can put it in front of practically any amp and get more than usable tone.

I’m sure you can get a street rod in a head version. 99% sure I’ve seen them on the website.

Comment

Working...
              X