banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a JB Trembucker they'd like to trade for a Standard spaced JB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a JB Trembucker they'd like to trade for a Standard spaced JB?

Needs to be 4 conductor as I'm splitting it. I'd prefer a black one in decent condition but let me know what ya got. I have a standard spaced one, black with silver logo. in a Stratocaster I'll take pictures after work today. But I need a Trembucker version. As far as I remember it's in good condition with plenty of lead.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Re: Anyone have a JB Trembucker they'd like to trade for a Standard spaced JB?

I have a zebra one that i swapped an A8 mag into. It is slightly microphonic due to the mag swap. A dip in wax and it would be perfect. Let me know if you are interested. A8 mag swap sounds amazing in this pickup!
    Charvel, Kramer, Gibson, Fender, MIJ/US Epiphone, BC Rich
    Full Shred, Distortion, JB, Custom (Custom), Screamin' Demon, Cool Rails, Alternative 8, Mini Humbucker, Lil 59, 59, APH-1, Black Winter, Silverbird, SP90, PATB1,2,3, YJM, 59/custom hybrid, SSL-1 AH1BJ, Jazz, Antiquity JB/Jazz, Alpha/Omega

Comment

Originally posted by STLMTLHD79 View Post
      I have a zebra one that i swapped an A8 mag into. It is slightly microphonic due to the mag swap. A dip in wax and it would be perfect. Let me know if you are interested. A8 mag swap sounds amazing in this pickup!
      Hey man thanks for the offer, I keep forgetting to send a reply. I did think about it a bit but I'm so into the standard A5 JB sound I don't think I'm even willing to experiment. After some thought I realized I'm just gonna go for a straight black, stock JB thanks though !

Comment

A word of advice: There is very little to no difference in a Strat with a vintage style trem. With a FR you should look into the Parallel Axis Trembucker series.
        I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Originally posted by hamerfan View Post
          A word of advice: There is very little to no difference in a Strat with a vintage style trem. With a FR you should look into the Parallel Axis Trembucker series.
          Hey man, thanks for the tip, are you for sure ? Cause in the Strat it definitely "looks" off, I know looks aren't everything but I wanna make sure.

I was going to pull it from my Strat and put it in a Floyd guitar, but thought I'd like to trade for the Trembucker first. Does a parallel axis sound like a JB? Because I'm pretty much married to the JB sound for like the last 15 years lol. Its "my tone" so to speak. If it makes any difference, I don't use my Floyds, I keep them blocked 99% of the time. It's just that the type of guitars I like with flat necks usually always come with Floyd so I have a bunch of Floyd guitars.

Last edited by BeKindRewind; 10-31-2019, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BeKindRewind View Post
            Hey man, thanks for the tip, are you for sure ? Cause in the Strat it definitely "looks" off, I know looks aren't everything but I wanna make sure.

I was going to pull it from my Strat and put it in a Floyd guitar, but thought I'd like to trade for the Trembucker first. Does a parallel axis sound like a JB? Because I'm pretty much married to the JB sound for like the last 15 years lol. Its "my tone" so to speak. If it makes any difference, I don't use my Floyds, I keep them blocked 99% of the time. It's just that the type of guitars I like with flat necks usually always come with Floyd so I have a bunch of Floyd guitars.

Sorry if I'm getting confused but do want a tremspaced JB for a vintage style strat trem or a floyd trem ? Here's my tremspaced JB with a vintage style trem on a highway 1 strat body . Lines up darn near perfect . I use tremspaced pickups on my 3 other guitars with hardtail bridges and they line up perfect . With a Floyd I`d use a tremspaced pickup , it`s not mandatory but it would bug me if the strings didn't line up . YMMV

When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

V-Trems have different spacings. The originals were wider than the narrow MIM ones. When you order from Callaham you have to order the right spacing.

Comment

Working...
              X