banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multimeter shows pots resistance instead of pickup resistance when connected to jack

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Multimeter shows pots resistance instead of pickup resistance when connected to j

You know, the more I think about it the more I'm convinced that rango is a troll and this whole thread is being very carefully manipulated by him. (Notice how he doesn't actually/directly answer our specific questions, but rather directs us where he wants us to go?)

Nobody...I mean absolutely NOBODY could really be this dense and make so many basic mistakes over and over, totally ignoring our advice. So we have to admit that he actually is pretty smart to be able to fool all of us into wasting so much of our time that could have been spent helping someone who really needed it.

I, for one, am not falling for it anymore.
    Last edited by GuitarDoc; 11-02-2019, 05:45 AM.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Re: Multimeter shows pots resistance instead of pickup resistance when connected to j

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
      You know, the more I think about it the more I'm convinced that rango is a troll and this whole thread is being very carefully manipulated by him. (Notice how he doesn't actually/directly answer our specific questions, but rather directs us where he wants us to go?)

Nobody...I mean absolutely NOBODY could really be this dense and make so many basic mistakes over and over, totally ignoring our advice. So we have to admit that he actually is pretty smart to be able to fool all of us into wasting so much of our time that could have been spent helping someone who really needed it.

I, for one, am not falling for it anymore.
      DUDE, Please leave my thread and don't come back. You offered ZERO value to this thread, Zero and now you're spamming this board!

All i heard from you "Close this thread", "Take it to professional" and now you're calling me a troll "I'm convinced that rango is a troll"

Furthermore i wasn't really helped in this thread to accomplish what i wanted to accomplish. Clear agenda going on here. I'm not going to play some games with ppl with agenda. Don't know what the agenda is and i don't care frankly.

I notice Zanymous has 6 posts. What you guys suspended his account by baiting him just like you're baiting me now.

I also don't care that you have 10k posts. Clearly you treat new members like noob trash. That's evident by your responses or lack of them. You answer questions with questions. That's useless.

I appreciate peoples help but there was no help. I kept digging myself. Your toxicity has toxified this thread and others wont post now.

I will accomplish what i want to accomplish. I learn by doing and learning from my mistakes, not be spending money at professional luthier.

You are ridiculing me for trying to do it myself. Yet another brilliant way of your help.

I appreciate ANYONES that can offer some help. If you're going to troll me and toxify my thread don't comment so others can.

Now get out!
      Last edited by rango; 11-02-2019, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rango View Post
        You offered ZERO value to this thread, Zero and now you're spamming this board!
        This proves exactly what I just said in post #53...you aren't listening/paying attention/learning from anything anyone has posted in trying to help you.

Reread my posts 16, 20, 22, 26, 31, 46, and even 36 and 53 (which actually WERE trying to help you).

All i heard from you "Close this thread"
        Give me a break! This is only what you WANTED to "hear" and remember from me from my post #50 (of a dozen posts)...and this, out of sheer frustration that we ALL were feeling from your lack of listening to us.

Furthermore i wasn't really helped in this thread to accomplish what i wanted to accomplish.
        OMG!!!

Are you freaking kidding me !!!!!

This thread you started has 77 posts full of helpful suggestions from many forum members. If you feel that you haven't been helped, AGAIN this proves that you have been unwilling to accept our help. NOT that it hasn't been given.

I also don't care that you have 10k posts. Clearly you treat new members like noob trash.
        You don't even know me. You don't know the hundreds, perhaps even thousands of hours I have spent on this forum trying to help others (yes, and even noobes like you included). Again, you need to reread my first half a dozen posts where I was treating you with respect and trying to help you.

You have no foundation to criticize ANYONE on this forum, let alone me.

That's evident by your responses or lack of them. You answer questions with questions. That's useless.
        My "LACK" of responses! I've devoted many hours responding to your questions and trying to help you with your mistakes and trying to help you avoid many more mistakes down the road. Asking you questions, like everyone else who has responded to you, is a way of understanding what a specific problem may be. We can't help if we don't know what the problem is. Perhaps you have been spoonfed with only the answers throughout your life, or have been given everything you've ever needed before you even asked, but if you think that our asking you questions is "useless" perhaps you need to mature a bit before opening your front door to reality.

I appreciate peoples help but there was no help.
        Yes, that's right. No help at all! At least not that YOU have received. But not because you haven't been given help.

others wont post now.
        If others won't post, or have stopped posting, it is because they are also tired of your antics.

I will accomplish what i want to accomplish. I learn by doing and learning from my mistakes, not be spending money at professional luthier.
        I was just advising you to get help accomplishing your goal (from a luthier) because you CAN'T accomplish it on your own. You AREN'T "learning from (your) mistakes" or the help we have offered you. If it costs money, so be it...you are not willing to accept the FREE advice we have given you. MAN, what do you want. How entitled do you think you are?!

You are ridiculing me for trying to do it myself.
        No. ABSOLUTELY NOT!!
        If there is any ridicule it is because you aren't trying to accept the help the way we are giving it...NOT for your wanting to do it yourself. This forum is all about helping people learn to do it themselves. If it weren't for that objective (to help others understand so they can do it themselves) this forum would not exist.

By the way. Just out of curiosity, how old are you?
        Last edited by GuitarDoc; 11-04-2019, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Doc, I've been busy and away from the forum, but I appreciate all you do but did get some comic relief reading all of this thread at once.

I think you may have nailed the problem with the age question...

I've got a 10 year old piano/key student who questioned everything and told me that I didn't know what I'm doing... Notation would be much better if we just wrote out note names...but reduced charts are useless because who knows what notes the original guitarist + keyboard+ bass were actually playing etc.

Of course, he knew so little that he didn't know what he didn't know...

But a year later, we've switched the questioning into how does this lesson connect to what I already know... 180 degree attitude shift because he has learned basics.

Some of this is age, some is distrust of authority, some is intelligence... Sounds like you may be hitting all of this with this thread...

Or it's the most detirmined troll to ever post on SDUG

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
          What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

DUDE, Please leave my thread and don't come back. You offered ZERO value to this thread, Zero and now you're spamming this board!

All i heard from you "Close this thread", "Take it to professional" and now you're calling me a troll "I'm convinced that rango is a troll"

Furthermore i wasn't really helped in this thread to accomplish what i wanted to accomplish. Clear agenda going on here. I'm not going to play some games with ppl with agenda. Don't know what the agenda is and i don't care frankly.

I notice Zanymous has 6 posts. What you guys suspended his account by baiting him just like you're baiting me now.

I also don't care that you have 10k posts. Clearly you treat new members like noob trash. That's evident by your responses or lack of them. You answer questions with questions. That's useless.

I appreciate peoples help but there was no help. I kept digging myself. Your toxicity has toxified this thread and others wont post now.

You are ridiculing me for trying to do it myself. Yet another brilliant way of your help.

I appreciate ANYONES that can offer some help. If you're going to troll me and toxify my thread don't comment so others can.

Now get out!
            You have every right to get upset with someone here and to state so in various different ways. But you cross a line and display huge arrogance by angrily ordering someone to get out of "your" thread. If you seek that level of absolute power over those in conversation with you, then you chose the wrong communication format in the first place. An open Internet forum offered by a company to which you have no connection is not the place. Go publish a similar thread on a Website that you control, if you wish to order people in and out as you see fit.

Most here have given you fair advice, but have run into an impenetrable wall of, shall we say, "foolishness," and foul attitude. Whatever. That happens all the time here. It comes with the territory of frequenting Internet forums. Nobody can say you aren't allowed to make a fool of yourself. But you don't get to come in here and tell others to "get out," for any reason.

If I have noticed anything in Internet forums over the decades I've been on them, it's that the people who order others to "get out" are always the ones who really should get out. There's a certain level of conceptual misunderstanding of the type of communication format this is when they act as if they can order others to come and go.

I think you should rescind your statements that Guitar Doc should leave the thread, and possibly offer some form of apology for going over the line.
            Last edited by ItsaBass; 11-03-2019, 12:54 PM.
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            Yogi Berra was correct.
            Originally posted by JOLLY
            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

He hasn't replied so I assume all that I said is correct and that he just can't take the honest truth. Maybe he left to troll another forum. Or maybe he's waiting to mature a few more years before replying.

Comment

Yeah, either very young or very immature (or both) leading to an overbearing sense of entitlement. I can't believe this thread hasn't been locked. lol.

Comment

Yeah, this thread is to verbose to be of any value for someone with the same original problem. This could have been solved in 10 posts if he would have listened.

Comment

Just a little info on child psychology and development:

Not only do teens and pre-teens (either in years or mental maturity) think that they know it all, but they think they are entitled to everything they want, when they want it, and how they want it simply because they want it.

Comment

Not only do teens and pre-teens (either in years or mental maturity) think that they know it all, but they think they are entitled to everything they want, when they want it, and how they want it simply because they want it.
                      Yes, that's called being infantile.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

"Infantile" may be a little extreme, let's just call it "immature".

Comment

"Infantile" may be a little extreme, let's just call it "immature".
                          Sorry to disagree, but I think that the traits that you described more fit the definition of infantile. I suppose that's a result of what I would call "definition drift".

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

When my daughter turned 14 by IQ dropped by 20 points. When she turned 24 she apologized and I got the points back

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
                            What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Yeah, possibly.

In any case, I think we all understand what the problem is. (Notice that he hasn't been back since his little tantrum a week ago?) All's well that ends well.

Comment

It’s hilarious that this thread is now nothing but people ragging on the OP. Ha ha ha ha.
                                Originally posted by LesStrat
                                Yogi Berra was correct.
                                Originally posted by JOLLY
                                I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X