No announcement yet.

I think I'm in love with a Squier? WTH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I think I'm in love with a Squier? WTH?

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
    Whatever you do, keep it in a dry environment at all times. Plywood swells under prolonged exposure to moisture.
    Has anybody seen, first hand, a plywood electric guitar body that's been damaged from something that wouldn't have damaged solid wood?
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
      Has anybody seen, first hand, a plywood electric guitar body that's been damaged from something that wouldn't have damaged solid wood?
      Once I had to paddle my canoe back to shore during a thunderstorm - but lost my oar. Used a Squire instead. Cheap plywood neck on the thing warped after that, and the cheap electronics stopped working. Definitely would have been fine with a Fender though. Not a Gibson though, the headstock would have broken with the first few paddle strokes.

:P
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I have a Squire J Mascis Jazzmaster and its a great guitar. Not as in great for the money, just great in general. I bought it when I figured I was past the point where I’d be buying what I considered “second tier” guitars. Yea, snobby! But I have been really happy ever since that jazzmaster came into my life.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
          Once I had to paddle my canoe back to shore during a thunderstorm - but lost my oar. Used a Squire instead. Cheap plywood neck on the thing warped after that, and the cheap electronics stopped working. Definitely would have been fine with a Fender though. Not a Gibson though, the headstock would have broken with the first few paddle strokes.

:P
          Should have used a Rainsong.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by these_go211 View Post
            I have a Squire J Mascis Jazzmaster and its a great guitar. Not as in great for the money, just great in general. I bought it when I figured I was past the point where I’d be buying what I considered “second tier” guitars. Yea, snobby! But I have been really happy ever since that jazzmaster came into my life.
            I love the MIC Mascis neck; it is very different in feel from my Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster neck, which is made in Indonesia. By coincidence or on purpose, the Vintage Modified neck has less sophisticated shaping and less overall quality (little details like the way the profile 'swells' around the headstock on the VM, and seems to have more blocky heel contours than the Mascis or my MIC Squier Standard neck.)

I also have a Mascis body I'm refinishing; again by comparison to the VM Jazzmaster, the routes seem cleaner and the Mascis fits US pickguards; the VM won't. Unfortunately I only have a Mighty Mite neck on-hand to use at the moment. The big downfall of the Squier Offsets is the hardware quality; some people have better luck, but I had to swap to a AVRI vibrato and bridge on my VM, and I'm doing the same on the Mascis (made my own bridge conversion bushings.)
            Originally posted by King Buzzo
            I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Good wood is good wood. I have cheap guitars that sound great and some custom shop duds.
              -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
              “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

I believe it.
                The Artist Formerly Known As Drunken Bowling

Comment

Squier VM HSS, made in India. Think I paid $200 for it, but it’s very versatile. The P90 sounds great through my OR15. [emoji106]

If you want an inexpensive guitar to mod, definitely check out Squier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I think the Classic Vibe guitars I've tried offered a lot of value for the money.

Bill
                    When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Diego, did you buy it?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSnMettle View Post
                        Diego, did you buy it?
                        Sort of. The customer likes it, but currently has no use for it so I'm keeping it until he wants it back. He's a good friend of mine and I'm playing the **** out of it!

He knows I'll buy it eventually.
                        Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
                        Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
                        Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
                        Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Working...
                        X