banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS Hand Wired PTP 63 Fender Bandmaster/Vibrosonic Clone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS Hand Wired PTP 63 Fender Bandmaster/Vibrosonic Clone...

I currently have several Fender style PTP clones & I need to thin the herd so I can focus on something a little more Marshall-esq/British flavored in nature. I mean they are all different amps but since I don’t really use the Tremolo on this which is one of its best features keeping it is sorta a waste?

So the best way I can describe this amp is this-

CH1 is voiced as a hot-tish Blackface Bassman or Bandmaster. It’s a pretty loud CH with plenty of clean headroom & makes a fantastic pedal platform as well as those beautiful Blackface Fender cleans. Just a simple Volume/Tone/Bass control layout with high & low gain guitar inputs...

CH2 is the 6G13 circuit & it has the very rare & extremely beautiful 3 valve Harmonic Tremolo! This means that the amplifier requires six 12AX7’s in total for the preamp!!! A couple of diode rectified 6L6GC’s or 5881’s top off the power amp & on this CH they yield a beautiful warm tone that’s more reminiscent of earlier Brownface amplifiers. It’s lower gain, at least at first, it also breaks up very nicely & this CH has less volume overall.

Now with all of that said, the CH’s are in phase so they can be jumped together to lend characteristics of the opposite CH including using the tremolo for CH1...

Other notable stuff- USA transformers, F&T filters, Mallory & SOZO tone/coupling capacitors, & a bunch of other high end parts! It’s wired for a 2ohm but that’s just Incase you’d like to run two 4ohm cabinets. I was told by the builder that it’s a pretty forgiving transformer so running it through a single 4 ohm cabinet is completely fine. Bias test points make changing tubes a breeze & it’s currently loaded with some 6L6GC’s however it can easily be biased for 5881’s which are a little more true to the circuit...

It was made by Matt Sneek out of Ohio & he did a great job IMHO! He does have a Reverb store with many of his other builds & every single review that I read was 5 stars!!!

Please let me know if you have any questions & my trade interest include Marshall’s or Marshall style clones, Orange amplifiers 30W or over, VOX AC-30’s, 60’s-early 70’s Fender Bassman’ that haven’t been modded to death, & possibly solid body set neck guitars worth about the same value???
    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Re: FS Hand Wired PTP 63 Fender Bandmaster/Vibrosonic Clone...

$950 SHIPPED & PP’d....
    Attached Files
    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

I’ll get some more pics up soon....

Unfortunately these are all I’ve got on my phone right now....

Comment

nice looking build, looks like a super reverb output tranny hence the 2 ohms

Comment

Yes, & thanks!!!

I believe he said something about the OT being for a Super when I bought it from him?

Also while I'm here, the cabinet is fingerjointed Baltic Birch. It was put together wrapped up in the Blonde Tolex with expert care! Really just an all around beautiful amplifier!!!

Comment

I would love to play that amp!
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            Yogi Berra was correct.
            Originally posted by JOLLY
            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
              I would love to play that amp!
              I would love for you to play it!!!

Mostly because I’m reasonably sure you’d walk away wanting to buy it, lol!!!

Comment

Bump before Reverb...

Comment

Bumped...

Comment

Working...
                  X