Pedalboard advice/GigRig G2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedalboard advice/GigRig G2

I've decided that I want to put together my ultimate pedalboard using my favorite pedals https://bestelectricguitars.reviews/best-looper-pedals/ , but I'm not exactly sure what board I need to go with. My current PedalTrain PT-3 board isn't quite large enough for what I'm wanting to do, so I need something bigger. I owned a PedalTrain Classic Pro until recently but sold it because I did not like the carrying case. I like cases with extra storage compartments and PedalTrain has cheaped out on their cases since they redesigned all their boards. Therefore I need a different brand or I need to build my own and buy a case that fits it.

My plan is to incorporate the following into my board:

-A GigRig G2 switcher
    -My Quilter Tone Block 201 amp
    -The GigRig power supply system, since G2 needs more power than most things and I like just using one plug
    -Some sort of cable patch bay that lets me connect the guitar and go out to the Quilter, bypass the Quilter and run time-based effects to the effects loop of another amp and everything else in front, or run everything including time-based effects into the front of another amp, and possibly use G2 for channel switching if needed. I'm not sure what to do here.
    -A dozen or so pedals of my choosing

I've researched G2 some and I want one. This thing sounds amazing with all it can do and seems very simple.

Anyway, any advice on a good pedalboard would be appreciated, as well as thoughts on how to connect things like I want, and if anyone here has a G2 thoughts on that as well. Feel free to post pedalboard pics to give me ideas as well! Thanks.
    Last edited by Theliairo; 10-29-2019, 07:39 AM.

Re: Pedalboard advice/GigRig G2

Sounds like the basis of a slick setup. If I could afford one, I'd buy a G2 just because I love Dan & Mick so much. Good luck with your build!
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

The mounting on Temple Audio boards makes it easy to move stuff around. They also have cool panels for the endcaps which make it easy to get the signal to and from the board. I'd suggest making your own cables, too, so you can get the length right, and not have excess cable flopping off the board. You idea sounds cool, but heavy.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I have a pedalbay 40. It's affordable but sturdy and lightweight. It has adjustable height and a dedicated slot for the power supply. The 40 has room for 10 boss size pedals. But if you need more space you can also get the 60 or the 80. The bag is good too. A good deal for the price imo.

Comment

I have just started putting together a similar pedalboard and also found most boards too small. I ended up with a Rockboard Cinque 5.4 and it is huge but still only just big enough for a G2 and the pedals I have. Mine comes with a road case which is massive and heavy but that’s the price I have to pay for the sound I want.

Comment

Working...
          X