Thread: So my 15 year old Korg handheld metronome died . . .

Default So my 15 year old Korg handheld metronome died . . .

. . . and I bought a Digitech Trio to replace it. Does the job surprisingly well, and has decent drum sounds (hell of a lot better than blipping, ticking, or the crappy drum sounds I've heard from other metronomes. Apparently it does other stuff too.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Default Re: So my 15 year old Korg handheld metronome died . . .

After 15 years you still need a metronome?

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

:P

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

I use either an app on my phone or a 35 year old Seiko, which has this great woodblock sound, instead of a beep. If I put it under my leg, I can't hear it, but I can feel the speaker vibrate in time, so it doesn't get annoying to everyone else around me.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Mincer View Post
    I use either an app on my phone or a 35 year old Seiko, which has this great woodblock sound, instead of a beep. If I put it under my leg, I can't hear it, but I can feel the speaker vibrate in time, so it doesn't get annoying to everyone else around me.
    Plus you can crank it up to 200+ BPM and shift over if you're feeling frisky!

:P

In all honesty, this little trio pedal is pretty sweet. It's got a headphone out jack, so you can use it as a practice amp (I mean, you're not going to be blown away by the sound . . . but it's not bad). The chord recognition and autogenerated bass parts are much better than I had expected them to be (probably because I updated it to run the same software as the newer Trio plus). For 60$ used, this is pretty awesome!

I used a metronome when I first started playing, thing would put me to sleep before I could really reap the benefits of it. Had to stop using it.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2550
    Jackson Soloist 7 string

I still use mine for practice all the time.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

Mojo's Minions

I still use an old school German tabletop analog piano style metronome. It has two distinct advantages 1)you feel really cool as it ticks on the shelf between your leather bound books 2) the sweeping arm creates a player visualization that can help with slower rhythms that are hard to dial in with out subdividing the beat into annoying 8ths and 16ths etc...

other than that, there is literally no reason to use one other than I already own it.

this one to be exact

Name:  Screenshot 2019-10-28 17.51.44.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  28.3 KB

on the road, I just use a phone app or recording timeline software like a normal human.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

I only use a metronome to set my delays, which for me is a Time Bandit into the tap tempo input.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demanic
    Incompetence is widespread in a world that rewards mediocrity while punishing excellence.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarFanatic
    I am currently using Skullcandy headphones I found in the garbage.
    I did find the DS-1 in the garbage.
    I once found a guitar amp in the garbage, a Peavey Studio 110. It caught fire at the first gig I played it at.. But it was at the end of it, thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeEase View Post
    I still use an old school German tabletop analog piano style metronome. It has two distinct advantages 1)you feel really cool as it ticks on the shelf between your leather bound books 2) the sweeping arm creates a player visualization that can help with slower rhythms that are hard to dial in with out subdividing the beat into annoying 8ths and 16ths etc...

other than that, there is literally no reason to use one other than I already own it.

this one to be exact

Name:  Screenshot 2019-10-28 17.51.44.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  28.3 KB

on the road, I just use a phone app or recording timeline software like a normal human.
    I have exactly that metronome in the basement somewhere. Even the box that says it was made in West Germany. :P

It makes only a 'tick-tick' sound though, which makes it pretty boring to use. Realistic drum sounds are way more fun to play to.