banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Artec QDD into lm386 with onboard speaker wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artec QDD into lm386 with onboard speaker wiring?

Hey guys. I have a couple of ½ and ¾ size kids guitars with built speakers here, (with busted or missing circuit boards) and thought I'd try get em going for fun.

I have purchased a few of them Artec QDD2 onboard distortion circuits and a few different 9v mini amps like the lm386 and few other similar ones (5w TDA and a PAM or something but prob gunna stick to the lm386 as I got more spares).

Anyway, I've connected them up as I'd assume (tried following Artec diagram but it didn't mention an amp circuit too) and am getting a high pitched squealing sound and not much volume at the speakers through the Qdd.

On bypass/clean it's loud, just on gain modes it squeals badly and is quiet. I gotta have the Qdd gain really low., I guessed half the circuit based of my simple very basic *wiring knowledge*, but yeah think there a ground loop or pots in wrong spot or something.. I've tried all sorts of things.

It's not *volume* feedback, that happens at higher volumes, it's a squeal. Like, something's wrong...

I could draw up what I've done but.... I'd rather start fresh with input from you guys. Please.

(I've tried 500k vol and tone before Qdd, after Qdd, both at once, tried 100k pots, tried using the volume on the amp as the only volume, tried seperate batteries and using one 9v), tried swapping to higher wattage speakers. (I find 8ohm squeals less than 4 ohm ones). Tried wiring speakers backwards. Out of ideas nearly..

Any help here please?. I've heard one in a built in speaker before working fine, so know it's me..

Thanks guys. Love the page. 😍🎸🔊

Re: Artec QDD into lm386 with onboard speaker wiring?

Click image for larger version

Name:	artecwiringqdd (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	5817431

Name:	qdd2.jpg
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	5817432

Name:	61cqX5pUy7L._SX425_.jpg
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	5817434

Name:	61aywQ00ykL._SX466_.jpg
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	5817433

These the bits I'm using. Using one humbucker, and switching vol/tone pots to disconnect batteries.

Comment

Re: Artec QDD into lm386 with onboard speaker wiring?

Like, it looks simple. But the simplicity is what's doing my head in. Do I put the vol pot before the Qdd? After it? Do I use the lm386 volume as a master volume or just pre-set it to limit speaker volume?

The squealing is killing me. I'm fine at wiring up/modding standard guitars and such, splitting humbuckers with push pull switches or rotary switches-

Yet the "active" thing... I think I'm getting ground loop.

Any tips please?

Comment

Working...
      X