Billy Duffy Wah?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Billy Duffy Wah?

I know, but jeez they could throw the poor guy a little something. I'm surprised they let him on stage. Billy talks about a synth player on a different tour that they made play from back stage. ("Rig rundown" or something?)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Locher View Post
      I know, but jeez they could throw the poor guy a little something. I'm surprised they let him on stage. Billy talks about a synth player on a different tour that they made play from back stage. ("Rig rundown" or something?)
      They did, they threw him a check.

Comment

Billy Duffy Wah?

I watched that rig rundown this morning. It is in fact where he talks about the keyboard player being off stage.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
          They did, they threw him a check.

Good one!

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
            I watched that rig rundown this morning. It is in fact where he talks about the keyboard player being off stage.

https://youtu.be/5_qxW_htSnU
            Wow, that's full Yngwie style

I can't locate the video of the tour where Yngwie has the entire band off to stage right almost half behind the curtain.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
              Well, Electric is probably the greatest in your face ACDC style record that's not by ACDC.

And Love is the most Lush Chorusy and beautiful dramatic new wavy groove hard rock record -but not in your face at all -it's gothicy too.
              I’ve been listening to The Cult for a few days now. I think the Electric album is great. It’s a band with something to prove. Good hooks and playing all around. It really has all of t beginnings of what their sound will evolve into in the coming years.

The Love album, for me is a tough listen. I keep waiting for the songs to bring me somewhere or to just go somewhere but they all just leave me waiting. I don’t want to say it’s a “bad” record, but it’s just not something I’d listen to on the regular.

I’ll report back when I’ve got the next couple of albums on listen.

In the meantime I thought this was interesting and fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                I’ve been listening to The Cult for a few days now. I think the Electric album is great. It’s a band with something to prove. Good hooks and playing all around. It really has all of t beginnings of what their sound will evolve into in the coming years.

The Love album, for me is a tough listen. I keep waiting for the songs to bring me somewhere or to just go somewhere but they all just leave me waiting. I don’t want to say it’s a “bad” record, but it’s just not something I’d listen to on the regular.

I’ll report back when I’ve got the next couple of albums on listen.

In the meantime I thought this was interesting and fun.

https://youtu.be/ij0-36dogGM
                Love is a slow burn, and honestly it's an album for it's time.

That was when New Wave, Rock, and Glam Metal were exiting the radio and MTV (thanks PMRC) in exchange for horribly overly pop stuff - and the Cult sort of made a record that blended a lot of what was popular in the prior 8 years (Metal, Glam, New Wave, Punk, Goth) into one record.

You might have had to been into it them to really have feelings for it now.
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Love really does grow on you. I put it on one side of a cassette and some German band on the other (Old School: buy the album to listen to at home, dupe it to cassette to listen in your car or on your Walkman!) Anyway, I liked the German band better. Edgier guitars & faster tempos.
                  Within a couple weeks I was tired of the krauts and had Side 2 (Love) on repeat. "Rain" is still stuck in my head 30-some years later.

Comment

Working...
                  X