Obsidian pre-wired HSH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obsidian pre-wired HSH

My question is how to wire my Bare Knuckle Stormy Monday pickups,one in the bridge and one in the neck and a Seymour Duncan little 59 in the middle to the
    Obsidian pre-wired HSH.
    Thank you
    Chris

Re: Obsidian pre-wired HSH

Hey Chris. This is quite simple. Bare knuckle color code is

red - hot lead
    white / green - coilsplit
    black / bare - ground

seymour duncan is
    black - hot lead
    red/white - coilsplit
    green / bare - ground

the black and red wires going to the switch are not soldered together. If you don't plan to coilsplit either pickup use electric tape or heat shrink over the wires with the black squares that go nowhere. This case it's the green/white and red/white wires.

if the pickups are out of phase like my diagram says switch the black and green wires while keeping the bare wire grounded. To add coilsplits or make it a USA switch let me know. Really we're just focusing on the 1/3/5 (first three) contacts of either type of switch as they will line up. Aside from that nothing changes in your wiring.

Last edited by shadowfire90; 10-31-2019, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Ok Thank you

Comment

Plus all the instructions should come with the obsidianwire. I own one and it was really easy.

Comment

and here I was thinking it was a new Bare knuckle pickup out as I don't follow pickups as closely as I used to.

Alright so you're focusing on the following

number - function - pickup color - position
          12 - north finish - green - neck
          11 - south finish - white - neck
          10 - north start - red - neck
          9 - south start - black- neck
          8 - hot - black - middle
          7 - ground - green - middle
          6 - north finish - green - bridge
          5 - south finish - white - bridge
          4 - north start - red - bridge
          3 - south start - black - bridge
          2 - wiring hot - white
          1 - wiring ground - black

bare wires from the pickups I have no idea as I've never head of this system. Looks nice and has a ton of uses I would have got one of these if I was 16 again but when I originally saw the prices I laughed my head off as two CTS pots and all I cannot justify charging 100$ for.

Anyways this is the reference and my conversion as well as the pickup color codes. The easier way to swap pickups all the time is servo cables. Male and female the approach is similar to EMG.

and here's what I did to help you out as well as a chart I made of the three most common pickup color codes I use

Comment

wow Thank you

Comment

Working...
            X