Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engl vs Boss Katana Artist

Hello,
    I'm looking for combo to play 70% in home and 30% in small clubs. I play usually heavier stuff (e.g Slipknot), so it's important to me to have good, saturated distortion. The price I want to spend is about $600. My attention was drawn to: Engl Gigmaster 30 Combo, Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and Boss Katana Artist. In my Country I have chance to buy these 2 Engl's for about 600$, so price is roughly equal for all of them. I have had Orange Jim Root Terror and Orange PPC112 Cab, I liked the sound, but I had to return it because of it's failure. Unfortunately I have no chance to play on these amps, because of the distance... Im a bit scared of Katana Artist beacuse of it's digital technology, but maybe I'm wrong? Have anyone tried these amps and can help me to compare which one would be best?

Thanks for all answers and sorry for my English, but it's not my main language...

Kacper
    Last edited by Zen; 10-31-2019, 07:47 AM.

Re: Engl vs Boss Katana Artist

For the same price, I would probably go with Engl, not that the Artist is bad at all, but... FWIW, the Engls are considerably more than the Katana Artist here in the US.

Comment

Re: Engl vs Boss Katana Artist

Thanks, Im also looking for amp that I can rely on, and Engl’s are made in Germany, so build quality shouldn’t be bad,
      I suppose. Im only curious about the speaker in Gigmaster 30. It’s Celestion Super 65... Isn’t It just poor Celestion model and how it compares to Vintage 30?

Comment

Working...
      X