Thread: My Current Pedaltrain Mini Pedals

Default My Current Pedaltrain Mini Pedals

Here's my current practice pedalboard rig. The "741" OD is based on the final gray DOD 250 circuit. I build a couple from scratch with my own PCB layout in 2010-2011 for me and 2 guitar friends. I recently got the KLIQ mini tuner pedal just for fast tune-ups instead of using my Reverb clip on tuner. I really need to use the Boss RC-3 loop pedal like you are supposed too. I just have some drum tracks loaded via USB. Sometimes I swap it to use my DOD 410 BiFet boost pedal in this rig.

Mojo's Minions

Default Re: My Current Pedaltrain Mini Pedals

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Mavronis View Post
    Here's my current practice pedalboard rig. The "741" OD is based on the final gray DOD 250 circuit. I build a couple from scratch with my own PCB layout in 2010-2011 for me and 2 guitar friends. I recently got the KLIQ mini tuner pedal just for fast tune-ups instead of using my Reverb clip on tuner. I really need to use the Boss RC-3 loop pedal like you are supposed too. I just have some drum tracks loaded via USB. Sometimes I swap it to use my DOD 410 BiFet boost pedal in this rig.

Can you elaborate on your need for a noise suppressor in general and especially at that point in your chain? Just curious -as I've used one for specific things but never in a regular setup. Thanks in advance.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeEase View Post
    Can you elaborate on your need for a noise suppressor in general and especially at that point in your chain? Just curious -as I've used one for specific things but never in a regular setup. Thanks in advance.
    The 250 based overdrives can get quite noisy at higher gain settings. But I do play at home at a lowish volume level and since my 2 Strat style guitars have noise canceling pickups I've tried it without the Boss NS-2 and any signal path noise amplified is acceptable. I've been debating removing it I dunno. It depends on the amp gain/volume settings too.

Mojo's Minions

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Mavronis View Post
    The 250 based overdrives can get quite noisy at higher gain settings. But I do play at home at a lowish volume level and since my 2 Strat style guitars have noise canceling pickups I've tried it without the Boss NS-2 and any signal path noise amplified is acceptable. I've been debating removing it I dunno. It depends on the amp gain/volume settings too.
    Thanks, that makes sense.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard