Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: My Current Pedaltrain Mini Pedals

  1. #1
    Junior Member Steve Mavronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    24

    Default My Current Pedaltrain Mini Pedals

    Here's my current practice pedalboard rig. The "741" OD is based on the final gray DOD 250 circuit. I build a couple from scratch with my own PCB layout in 2010-2011 for me and 2 guitar friends. I recently got the KLIQ mini tuner pedal just for fast tune-ups instead of using my Reverb clip on tuner. I really need to use the Boss RC-3 loop pedal like you are supposed too. I just have some drum tracks loaded via USB. Sometimes I swap it to use my DOD 410 BiFet boost pedal in this rig.


  2. #2
    Mojo's Minions
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    In a Studio with your Mom
    Posts
    4,198

    Default Re: My Current Pedaltrain Mini Pedals

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Mavronis View Post
    Here's my current practice pedalboard rig. The "741" OD is based on the final gray DOD 250 circuit. I build a couple from scratch with my own PCB layout in 2010-2011 for me and 2 guitar friends. I recently got the KLIQ mini tuner pedal just for fast tune-ups instead of using my Reverb clip on tuner. I really need to use the Boss RC-3 loop pedal like you are supposed too. I just have some drum tracks loaded via USB. Sometimes I swap it to use my DOD 410 BiFet boost pedal in this rig.

    Can you elaborate on your need for a noise suppressor in general and especially at that point in your chain? Just curious -as I've used one for specific things but never in a regular setup. Thanks in advance.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

  3. #3
    Junior Member Steve Mavronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: My Current Pedaltrain Mini Pedals

    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeEase View Post
    Can you elaborate on your need for a noise suppressor in general and especially at that point in your chain? Just curious -as I've used one for specific things but never in a regular setup. Thanks in advance.
    The 250 based overdrives can get quite noisy at higher gain settings. But I do play at home at a lowish volume level and since my 2 Strat style guitars have noise canceling pickups I've tried it without the Boss NS-2 and any signal path noise amplified is acceptable. I've been debating removing it I dunno. It depends on the amp gain/volume settings too.

  4. #4
    Mojo's Minions
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    In a Studio with your Mom
    Posts
    4,198

    Default Re: My Current Pedaltrain Mini Pedals

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Mavronis View Post
    The 250 based overdrives can get quite noisy at higher gain settings. But I do play at home at a lowish volume level and since my 2 Strat style guitars have noise canceling pickups I've tried it without the Boss NS-2 and any signal path noise amplified is acceptable. I've been debating removing it I dunno. It depends on the amp gain/volume settings too.
    Thanks, that makes sense.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •