No announcement yet.

Never play a fender the same way again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Never play a fender the same way again?

Fender is paying endorsers to keep the brand in the spotlight.
    GEE, and what company DOESN'T do that? How about Nike, Adidas, Gibson, Gatorade, McDonalds, Ford, GM, etc. This is the way business is done, and if you are griping about it - you have the wrong viewpoint.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
      GEE, and what company DOESN'T do that? How about Nike, Adidas, Gibson, Gatorade, McDonalds, Ford, GM, etc. This is the way business is done, and if you are griping about it - you have the wrong viewpoint.
      Sometimes it is cash, sometimes it is product. As an artist for a few brands, I always got products. Big stars get $$, too.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I’m saying they need to. Back in the 70’s everyone was playing 50’s Gibsons/Fenders because they were the best. That made kids want 70’s Gibsons/Fenders. Now there are a million great brands, so they need a stable of endorsers to keep the brand front and center.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

really ?

Comment

I kinda feel like many of those features should be on the Mexican version for less than half the money.

Comment

^^ you beat me to it. Why do we have to pay $1900 to have a neck carve that warmoth does custom for $35?

And I was just reading on how Fender is marketing to keep new players interested with an app /training program. But not offering these innovations to those who stayed with it but who buy lower/mid priced instruments.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                I kinda feel like many of those features should be on the Mexican version for less than half the money.
                they are : https://shop.fender.com/en-GR/electr....html?rl=en_US

^^^ this one I have on the radar for more than a year

Comment

Okay, it's pricey..... Let's wait to actually play one, shall we?
                  aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Okay, it's pricey..... Let's wait to actually play one, shall we?
                    That's kinda the thing. For less than 1900$ I can build a pretty *****in' Warmoth, exactly to my specs in any finish I want. And if the headstock decal is really important to me I can buy a 2$ waterslide and stick it on myself. It's cool that they're offering stuff like a contoured heel now, but I'm not sure I see the draw at those prices.
                    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

So, what's the big news? Is it that Fender is making Warmoth-style necks and bodies now? Or is that they're charging 2X-3X the price of a similar Warmoth guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                        That's kinda the thing. For less than 1900$ I can build a pretty *****in' Warmoth, exactly to my specs in any finish I want. And if the headstock decal is really important to me I can buy a 2$ waterslide and stick it on myself. It's cool that they're offering stuff like a contoured heel now, but I'm not sure I see the draw at those prices.
                        Must've posted this while I was typing my reply above. My point exactly. I could build a pair of Warmoths for the price of one Utra!

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
                          they are : https://shop.fender.com/en-GR/electr....html?rl=en_US

^^^ this one I have on the radar for more than a year
                          That seems about the right price for one.

Comment

Warmoth is a bit of a strawman, isn’t it? You need to account for the cost of assembling, fret dressing, soldering, etc. I know it’s not the full delta, but still. Comparison to Kiesel or Yamaha or other fully assembled guitar is a fair comparison. Not to mention, if you compare to Suhr or Anderson, the Fender is cheaper. Since a guitar is more than a list of specs, those are probably worth their up charge over the Fender too.

I think Warmoth/USACG/Musikraft/etc. has always been a more affordable option that’s more customized to your preferences. It’s really nothing new.

Sorry to play devil’s advocate, I’ve got an equal quantity of Fenders and assembled parts guitars.
                            Last edited by PFDarkside; 11-05-2019, 10:22 AM.
                            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Alder body. Hmm. Not awful but not what I would have picked out.

Comment

I'm actually offended by the clickbait

I would buy a Suhr Classic Pro in a heartbeat over any of these just for the clickbait.
                                Originally posted by Myaccount876
                                Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

Working...
                                X