New Holeyboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Holeyboard

Many years ago, I bought one of their first gen models (search my old posts if you're interested). A couple of years after that, I pulled the top shelf off of it and downsized to using JUST that (what they called their "amp top" model, though it never fit on top of my little lunchbox amp)

Last year, they came out with the ZigZag model, which I found VERY tempting, as it offered a little more space without going back to something as large as the Standard that I'd started out with-- a design that always felt like it had a fair amount of wasted space, if I'm honest.

And now, they've (He's) wiped the slate clean and replaced the entire line with the Hoelyboard 1-2-3: a very slick expandable and modular design that seems like it should appeal to people who change up their loadout a lot. I'm very impressed and it spurred me to order...one of last year's ZigZags on closeout. I don't need that much room. Still, I think it's cool.

Click image for larger version

Name:	zig+zag+ultra+loaded.155.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	5853055Click image for larger version

Name:	zig+zag+ultra+loaded.156.jpg
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	5853056Click image for larger version

Name:	zig+zag+ultra+loaded.163.jpg
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	5853057Click image for larger version

Name:	zig+zag+ultra+loaded.165.jpg
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	5853058

The main silver bit above is the "1." The gold sliding bit is the "2." And the Expression Pedal piece is the "3." Last year's model (what I ordered) is basically the same as the 1&3 combination.
    Last edited by St_Genesius; 11-05-2019, 10:27 AM.
    ---------------------------
    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Re: New Holeyboard

that is a cool idea for sure!

Comment

That's a cool idea, but just stocking enough cases so they can fit the combinations might be a nightmare.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

They've only ever sold soft bags for cases (with LITERAL pillows for support/protection), and only in a couple of sizes. I'm sure they work okay, but it's not really a very elegant solution, imo.

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        That's a cool idea, but just stocking enough cases so they can fit the combinations might be a nightmare.
        The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

Comment

Very cool idea. I always liked their boards. I can see having the base with the core sounds and a couple of expansion modules with alternative choices instead of having to remove the pedals and rewire. Also while I love my wah I rarely use it so it would be great to have the foot pedal module.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
            They've only ever sold soft bags for cases (with LITERAL pillows for support/protection), and only in a couple of sizes. I'm sure they work okay, but it's not really a very elegant solution, imo.
            They used to offer hard cases, at least they did when I bought mine 3 or so years ago. I didn't get one because I got the biggest one they sold and it already weighs a ton, but the other guitarist in my band at the time did.
            sigpic
            Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Oh! Well, I stand corrected. Their Wide and Dragon (?) boards were certainly large, so yeah, I can see where a hard case would have been super beefy.

Originally posted by allbutromeo View Post
              They used to offer hard cases, at least they did when I bought mine 3 or so years ago. I didn't get one because I got the biggest one they sold and it already weighs a ton, but the other guitarist in my band at the time did.

Comment

Working...
              X